High Priced Camo

Several good threads around here on affordable hunting pants. From what i remember alot of guys like the pants offered at costco.

I have plenty of Costco outdoorsy pants, but do love the built-in kneepads and tear resistance of my $itkas.

If I was more handy with a sewing machine I'd sew in kneepad pockets to Costco pants and call it a day.

I have all the Costco outdoor clothes and I can’t get enough of them. I meant to post on here earlier, but my Costco has Gerry Outdoor Pants for $8 right now.

I will say as someone who owns and has owned about a dozen pairs of the Orvis Tech Pants, they are awesome but they don’t last. I get about a year out of them. I also pack a pair of OD green Costco pants on my trips in case I need backups.

I just got back from Colorado and wore my Sitka Traverse pants for 7 straight days. I got them off-season from Euro Optic for $60 and they are really pretty amazing pants for the money. I also wore them every day of turkey season in the spring. They still look new and there is absolutely no comparison between them and the Costco pants. Here’s the results after soaking overnight in my sink:IMG_5490.jpeg

Those look like skinny jeans for fly fishing. Probably go great with a 6.5 in your hand.

Seriously though I go solids now and only buy used or on sale when I actually need something not just to try new stuff. I will say on the brand name stuff it's pretty easy to re-sell it if you don't like it and get most of your money back.

You will never be successful as a elk hunter unless you wear either Kulu or Sitka, and a bino harness
Happy to dog on Sitka and Kuiu bros. But I will say that my bino harness is my favorite piece of gear.

If your binos are in a bag, you aren’t using them enough. And if they are hanging around your neck you are banging them on things.

Before last season I upgraded all of my camo. I wanted to go lighter and still be warm. I decided to go with NOMAD. I went with the Mossy Oak droptine camo and it works awesome. I bought the early season gear and the late season stuff also. So far it has held up and performed as expected. It is not cheap, but it is not Sitka expensive.

........you can hunt in jeans, even for elk, even in Wyoming, even in November.

Spend your money on cool stuff that holds value like Dunhill pipes and Rolex timepieces, camo is a waste.
I have started buying solids, but I do believe that wearing clothing that wicks moisture and retains warmth is a safety issue if you get stuck out on the mountains late at night. Another reason I do like the fancy stuff. My Costco pants and puffys simply don't work as well in inclement weather. If I'm going deep or solo, I'm wearing my Gucci gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back