Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

High interest savings accounts

I remember around the time I graduated high school thinking man if I could just make 1 million I could live off the interest lol.
5% interest would get you $50K $4167 per month without touching your $1mil principal. At least $2000 per month net [include 7% FED WH] SSA would get you $6167 per month or $74K per year if you got to retirement age. No doubt that there are places that you could live comfortably on $50K if you had to. Unfortunately you won't be guaranteed 5% interest for life.

I wish I could tell high school me to put $20 a from each paycheck into an IRA or something similar instead of the latest pop-country cd that just came out. What a waste that was
Live life too. Sometimes you cash out without a plan. Ask my wife about that. Age 49 and she leaves her sister's house to visit their mother's grave. Fifteen minutes later a semi truck runs over their car and she's put in a box.

I wish I could tell high school me to put $20 a from each paycheck into an IRA or something similar instead of the latest pop-country cd that just came out. What a waste that was
Yeah but the sum of all that probably is equal to 1 months current 401k withholding.

Listen to the music, enjoy the small pleasures.

Market has revealed the next problem. 1 month Tbill at 4.1% and 3mo at 5.1%. Hmmm. Wonder what that could be. Maybe a debt ceiling? The irony of a minor "banking crisis" forcing people to turn to uninsured money markets, which purchase these bills, causing markets to price in a 1% premium for bills longer than 90 day for possible default. This summer is going to be soooo much fun.

Back