Hey Tom,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

No way, but YOUR way, eh Buzz?? Interesting.Wasn't trying to win no arguments here, just trying to throw out a few true points. The only obvious point you seem to recongnize is the one on top of your head. . Bob

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-06-2002 13:11: Message edited by: BbarC ]</font>

Game management is not supposed to be European style in the U.S. That is why wildlife is publicly owned, not private. There is a huge demand for prostitution also, that doesn't mean it should be legal everywhere. Like somebody stated on another thread, let's keep prostitution in Nevada and game farms in Texas, where they belong.

WH!
I think you have missed the whole point of the whole argument...
These animals are by no means wild life any more. A lot of them are just as docile as any 'domestic cattle'. They have not had their gene pool in the wild mix for 100 plus years. You need to learn to dicern the difference. Just because you can find some animals in the wild, don't mean thier counterparts are wild. If that were the case. Every animal we own or use in the way you and Buzz talk could be construde as wild.....
Buzz...
There is alway's more than one way to skin a cat, and just because you want the world to fit into your little box, doesn't make it totally right....

WH, that makes very little sense. Also, I don't think wild elk living on an island for 100 years would become tame. Any US citizen can start a game ranch in many different states for many different species, its not restricted to the king, that was a long time ago and is over, forget it, its different now. I think tame and wild on a animal depends on how they are treated and the hunting pressure. No two hunts are the same and I don't want the US restricted to only hunting by walking in the mountains or worse yet have the public vote that out and their be nothing left.

Like Buzz said, we go in circles on this a lot. How do the bird preserves work in Montana? Are they any good or are they on the hit list next?

Bird preserves are not on the hit list. What harm do they do? I don't have to fund them which is nice.

But hey, let's open a cage and blast the birds as they fly out... sounds like a real gas.. for an idiot with erectile disfunction. :D

When I was a kid I used to kill starlings in our barn loft with a flashlight and a tennis racket or baseball bat. My buddy would hold a flashlight behind me and they would fly right into the light.. I'd nail them on the way. Talk about fun.. but I grew out of that around age 11.

Hey.. I was wrong.. those bird release things sure would be good for target practice. It would get me ready for the big fantasy game farm hunt that I dream about... You know.. sitting at Wallace's gate with an AR-15 and a stack of 40 round clips, while Barney and Boone did thier expertise job of elk flushing.

There's lots of them in Montana listed at that web page, so something must be different about them to be accepted and so successful there. One vote so far, its not your money and you grew out of it, that is, if its like the swatting with a tennis racket that you used to do. I guess I could see if there is one in Texas around here and go see what they are like if noone knows much there.

Heck, I recognized some of them listed there in Texas. The ones I recognized are wild bird hunting with some release of other birds not available otherwise, that you hunt later, often with dogs to point and/or retrieve.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-08-2002 15:26: Message edited by: Tom ]</font>

I used to hunt pheasant a lot, both wild and released. There's no comparison, although the better operations were far and away better than the worst, like anything else, I guess. The best were close to wild birds - they flew fast and long and were wary. The worst - you had to dropkick the birds to get them to fly, and then they might fly 50 yards. (kind of like shooting chickens in the barnyard.)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back