Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Hey I got a real job!

1_pointer

Sorta, actually. I've been working in a STEP (Student Temporary Employment Program) with the BLM since September and just found out this afternoon, that their moving me to a SCEP (sub in Career for Temporary). This gives me a permanent position in the BLM within 120days of completing my Masters. There are 3 positions open in Salt Lake and they'd like me to fill one of 'em. So, it looks like my wife's days as sole provider may be coming to an end! :D

Work ain't all that it is cracked up to be.....

The worst part is when you realize you don't have 3 months off in the Summer and a month off in December/Jan.

Congrats to you pointer.
Hell maybe we should be giving your wife the congrats on this. ;)

Dang, I thought you might get lucky and land that job in CO so you could leave that hell-hole known as UT. Oh well...congrats anyway! ;)

Oak

Congrats on the job. I know your relieved and happy. Too bad it wasn't Idaho, eh?

Congratulations, Tyler! I'm glad you got a job out in Utah, but also a little sorry you didn't bring your newfound knowledge back east. IN could use a few good men in the F&W arena. :D

As for your wife no longer being the sole provider, I'll wait for that judgment until you receive your first paycheck. ;)

'Gunner- It's slated to be done in May!

Oak- Yeah, Lakewood would've been nice, but this one's has a bit higher promotional potential.

Ovis- Accepting this position doesn't take me out of the running for the Boise jobs! :D I now have a fall back plan.

DG- I'd bring the knowledge back to IN, but I'm afraid they wouldn't know what to do with it!!! ;)

WH- Who says it isn't?

It's about time you started working for a living.. Now you will be able to afford some new toys..

:cool:

It's about time you started working for a living.. Now you will be able to afford some new toys..
Maybe if my check was direct deposit and I kept track of the checkbook! ;) My wife does pretty good by me. She's the best thing I ever got through the mail!
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back