Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hey Elkchsr

Meathead, it looks like a couple few are comming from that direction, just see if you could jump in some one's vehicle on their way thru..
biggrin.gif

I don't know about the time off. Me and Flipper will be there at the end of Sept. for the first of the season.

It would be great, but the darn elk in that area are just moving thru and I don't think that any of them that him and Brian see will be there when we get there. Well I suppose they will all be there, right behind that big fence no one can hunt behind...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Tony, As I recall, the hunt is an over the counter hunt and the tags are either $155 or $355.00

cool.gif

The refuge hunt is the same price, but it's a draw hunt... I think the application deadline is sometime in March.. Not sure. Maybe Elkhunter can answer that question...

Elky?? You have an answer about the app deadline?

cool.gif

Elkhunter, To answer your question "NO", I wish I could, but I do want to slip up for a day this year..... Just not sure when I can.. 2 things are going for me..

1. Vicki won't be 8 months pregnant.
2. We're probably going to Pokey during Thanxgiving...

If we go to Pokey I'll be able to slip out for a day... After the 18 Day Hiatus in Sept, That followed by the opening of Elk and Deer here and me being gone. T-will be a tough one to do. BUT Hunterman should swing in this way anyways
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hey Moosie,, It looks like a day plus drive for me to Jackson, so will be looking for a place to crash for the night( drink a beer, a little B.S.'ing,and a chit load of laughing)

Hunterman(Tony)

Tony, to hunt on the refuge they have a special drawing every Friday afternoon at the rodeo grounds for a hunt the following week. They only allow a certain number of people in. You basicly trade your elk tag for a refuge tag if you get drawn.

That would be great if you could make it over even for a day Oscar.

Hunterman, Consider yourself up for the night at the Moosie LODGE !!!! I tell ya what, Not only is the beer cold, The talk friendly, the Price it right and the Wife CAN cook too... Yah can't ask for much more then that
wink.gif

Is it just going to be you coming through ?

As far as I know it is
frown.gif
I have been trying to get Quick Draw to come with me, but she keeps telling me that she has school..I guess thats what I get when I teach them that schooling comes first
biggrin.gif
(Me and my big mouth
yawn.gif
)I'm going to start working on Kraven next
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hunterman(Tony)

HAHAHAHA!!!
I could just see that now.. The bunch that Kevin is bringing, Tony, a few friends I have that will be given the hook up time with every one that is headed out that way for carpool considerations....LOL...This could be just way to fun..The thing that would be the best is a pic of the face of Poor Oscars wife when a bus pulls out front and people just start to pile off....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

OK Guys, Here's the Tactical plan.. The group from the northwest will line up along Gros Vente road on the south end of the peak. The group from the east will take the west end at the corner. Those of us who come in from the south will deploy along the west side and down along the hay meadow. Which ever way they come down, either corner, turns them toward the middle and the guys on the corner. They will wait until the main body of the herd starts milling trying to decide whether or not to make a run for it across the road, then start shooting with the man farthest east. Shoot for the back of the herd in an effort to push them west around the corner and into the group waiting in the hay meadow.

I've been watching to much of the war in Iraq.
elkgrin.gif
cool.gif

hump.gif
Alright we got game plan number one.. Hey Dan, I'm planning on bringing 100 rounds of .30-06..Do ya think that will be enough
biggrin.gif
eek.gif
elkgrin.gif

Huntertman(Tony)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back