Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Hey Casper

Moosie

Grand poopa
Welcome aboard. I see you are in the Land of SAND.....

Any pictures or stories you can share ?

(And thanx for keeping me safe !!!!!)

Thanks for the Welcome Moosie, I have pictures from my tour avail if I can find a host (any tips??) and when we were mobing we ran into some MP's from our state that several of us have friends back and forth. They had managed to gather over 3 gigs of pics from the 3rd ID combat camera team, so I have those that I'm still looking thru, and some won't be shared someplace like here, and doubtfully anywhere public, since they are very gory.

As for stories??
Well as ya can see from the sig I'm in an Engineer unit, we mostly are dirt movers building roads, bridges, dikes, and base support structures. We are in the shadow of the Ziggeraut of Ur, near where Lil Miss Jesica and crew got lost, and have been lucky thus far as we've only seen a motor/rocket attack once.

Once I find a place to host the pics, and have time I'll post stories witht the pics.

Casper, Good Luck and keep safe, I have a nephew in the reserves that just finished his training for the 156th, I guess that has to do with Tanks and such. He's a real good kid, his name is Tommy Vailes. He has this week home and then he goes over to Iraq. I have a shirt that I bought a Bass Pro Shops, It looks like an American Flag that I wear to show my support for all of ya'll over there doing your jobs so that you don't have to do those same jobs on American soil. I hope everyone the best. Thanks, John (Draftstud)

Yes CJ, I is the same one.

Thanks Draft, as long as your boy listens to the guys that have been around a while he will be fine. Contrary to what you hear on the evening news, it isn't as bad or wild as the media would have you believe. I personally feel safer here than someplace like compton, ca or south phoenix. At least here we are traveling in groups, and all of us are waiting for some Haji to get stupid, back home you are often alone and unaware that the gangbangers are restless, and they respect no-one.

Hey Casper.. Welcome aboard to the site. I am currently working in Doha Qatar as an expat so if ever in the area on R&R or any of your buds are have them give me a call and we can have a lunch and talk some hunting stories. Gene at 974-528-5790. Keep up the good work and stay safe..

Darn Ridge I was just there about 3 weeks back, Qatar is a nice lil place, it shows what can happen when a middle eastern culture isn't to hung up on religion. Only got to visit the city once though, since they had a raised threat level they no longer let troops off for all the old "activities" they used to, no it is a sponsor program, where you go out for short trips to places that are considered "safer" and in smaller numbers as to not attract as much attention. If you don't work for the Base, I'd recommend calling them up and ofering to sponser a group every so often, nice way to meet some of us troops. If you do work at the base, ask over at the MRW and they can tell you about the program.

Casper... Shoot me an email or PM with the contact # for the base and i'll see what I can do about sponsoring a group to get'em out fishing or sailing or something. You can just click on the notepads on this post and that will give ya the email ect. If you get the chance to get to Dubai that is even better. Lots more to do and lots morestuff to look at also. ;)

Back