Here we go again...bummed.

Wishing her a successful operation and quick recovery.

I hope you can get a great summer trip planned that accommodates her.

Well it was about a year ago my wife Casey had her leg amputated. She was able to go fishing and follow me around Hunting this fall. Even got to follow me up a mountain and watch me kill a bull elk! She is a determined strong willed woman for sure!
Late October she was having some soreness while wearing her prothsteic and while at the hospital for a different reason they found that she had a pocket of fluid that had built up on her stub. For reasons that make 0 sense they would not do anything thing about it and said she needed to get with her surgeon that amputated it. Long story short she just got in to see him last Monday and they now have to remove an inch from her stub...basically another amputation! She is pretty bummed about it. We were going to AK end of May black bear Hunting and now that is on hold. It won't be until June before she gets her new prothsteic and will need time to adjust and heal before going on that kind of adventure.
Please keep her in prayer, she is wanting to go West again this fall so we are trying to figure that out as to what to hunt!
Sign in the picture says it all..View attachment 210481

Sir, first and foremost, it will be my pleasure to include Casey in my prayers . And I agree with BOTH signs. Casey WILL BE just fine, this is just a set back that the two of you will weather together. She is very fortunate to have you as her husband and in her corner. And, you are very fortunate to have such a strong wife. Please post the write up of your trip to Alaska, which WILL still happen, it has just been postponed, not cancelled. God bless you both.

Praying for you and your wife. This life is so hard at times and we’ll never fully understand all the “why” questions that we have. It sounds like both you and your wife have a good attitude going into this. Also, your asking for prayers tells me that you believe in prayer and the power of prayer.

Praying for you and your wife. This life is so hard at times and we’ll never fully understand all the “why” questions that we have. It sounds like both you and your wife have a good attitude going into this. Also, your asking for prayers tells me that you believe in prayer and the power of prayer.
Been through so much in this life and 100% know that prayer is powerful and is always answered. It may not be answered in the way we want for ourselves or others but is always answered in the perfect way, but usually takes a while to to realize it.

Apply for tags now and you can take her road hunting on the East Side of MT. I know it's not the same but should be lots of game to see even if nothing gets shot. Getting out there together is what's important. It's something to look forward to and that is critical for her right now. Consider a bear viewing trip to Katmai Park in August (July and Sept are too busy). It is wheel chair accessible if she needs it and rangers are very helpful (I once worked there). Scenery will take your breath away. PM me if you're thinking about it.

I'm sorry you're having to endure this, but I'm impressed by your wife's strength and resilience.

Update on Casey:
Just spoke to the doctor and he said he only removed about a centimeter. The tissue had started to separate from the previous surgery. He gave her more cushion around the bone and didn't have to remove any skin. Healing will take the same amount of time. Possibly less pain and they are keeping her overnight but not sure when they will let me back to see her. Could be a while due to room shortages.
Good Lord willing she will have her new prothsteic leg in time for fishing season and will be in shape for hunting with me out West again!

Back