Here comes the CPW wolf reintroduction plan

And the costs will be ?? And where does the funding come from? Maybe Grizz need to be introduced also

And the costs will be ?? And where does the funding come from? Maybe Grizz need to be introduced also
And that’s the brilliance of the strategy….. anti-hunters get the hunters to pay for reintroducing wolves. Checkmate.

I have often wondered why they have never migrated east like the coyotes. But, I believe I have heard of a wolf Hybrid like a bigger coyote, a little bit farther north of me.
They probably will eventually several years ago a wolf was killed in Northern Missouri that originally came from Wisconsin

Somehow or another the legislature passed HB1243, which removed license fees as a source of funding for the reintroduction. So we got that going for us, which is nice...

HB21-1243

Wolf Reintroduction Funding With No License Fees​

Concerning the establishment of funding for the program to reintroduce and manage gray wolves in the state from sources other than hunting and fishing license fees.

Summary:
To fund the program implementation and administration the reintroduction and management of gray wolves, the act requires the general assembly to appropriate money to the division of parks and wildlife (division) or otherwise authorize the division's expenditure of money from one or more of the following funds:

• The general fund;
  • The species conservation trust fund;
  • The Colorado nongame conservation and wildlife restoration cash fund; or
  • The wildlife cash fund; except that any money within the wildlife cash fund that is generated from the sale of hunting and fishing licenses or from associated federal grants is not available for appropriation.
https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb21-1243

And that’s the brilliance of the strategy….. anti-hunters get the hunters to pay for reintroducing wolves. Checkmate.
Pretty sure they can’t pull from the hunting funds if I remember right. There was that stipulation but did not specify where the funding came from. Could be completely off based though. Just going off memory. @Oak

Somehow or another the legislature passed HB1243, which removed license fees as a source of funding for the reintroduction. So we got that going for us, which is nice...

HB21-1243

Wolf Reintroduction Funding With No License Fees​

Concerning the establishment of funding for the program to reintroduce and manage gray wolves in the state from sources other than hunting and fishing license fees.

Summary:
To fund the program implementation and administration the reintroduction and management of gray wolves, the act requires the general assembly to appropriate money to the division of parks and wildlife (division) or otherwise authorize the division's expenditure of money from one or more of the following funds:

• The general fund;
  • The species conservation trust fund;
  • The Colorado nongame conservation and wildlife restoration cash fund; or
  • The wildlife cash fund; except that any money within the wildlife cash fund that is generated from the sale of hunting and fishing licenses or from associated federal grants is not available for appropriation.
https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb21-1243
Thank you, didn’t have the time to look it up

They probably will eventually several years ago a wolf was killed in Northern Missouri that originally came from Wisconsin
Wolves won't travel that far.....it was a Booner coyote.....
When these critters move further east it's gonna get sporty. Get the lawn chairs and popcorn ready, it will most definitely be a site to watch in legislature both National and State levels.

It was DNA tested
When these critters move further east it's gonna get sporty. Get the lawn chairs and popcorn ready, it will most definitely be a site to watch in legislature both National and State levels.

Screenshot_20221210-174844_Google.jpg

I've started reading through the draft plan and one thing is getting to me. Maybe some policy folks can help me understand. In the release location section they state the release will be on private lands and states lands because CPW doesn't have the time or money to go through the NEPA process for a federal land release. No doubt the wolves will travel to federal land and likely take up residency and will have a significant impact. If wolves are causing a significant impact on federal land wouldn't that require a NEPA review? Maybe because the federal agency isn't funding the project it isn't required?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back