Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Here comes the CPW wolf reintroduction plan

elkduds

they should make a bow season for them, that will keep the numbers down!

givin a few years,those wolfs will mow down colorados animals just like idaho got mowed down a while back//there goes the good hunting in colorado.

I've said thus before and I will say it again. If wolves are going to be rei-ntroduced in the west, then they need to be reintroduced everywhere. About the time someone's million plus dollar stud race horse is chewed on and eaten or their lil' foofoo dog in Central Park comes up missing they will not understand how others feel about it.

I know this thought process torques a lotnof folks. I simply will say that I don't think the West should be the guinea pig constantly for wildlife. They roamed the majority of the lower 48. Fair is fair.
They should be managed like any other game animal.

What astounds me is that we always hear that wolves were here and need to be brought back. How many folks on here have heard of the caribou population that Montana once had? Last I heard the remainder of that herd was down to three possibly four. Why has nothing been done to bring them back?
Colorado i wish you the best.

The Commission will have a meeting tomorrow to learn about the timeline and structure of the plan. The agenda and link to the live broadcast can be found here.

I have often wondered why they have never migrated east like the coyotes. But, I believe I have heard of a wolf Hybrid like a bigger coyote, a little bit farther north of me.

Last edited:
STUPID! STUPID!! STUPID!!!
The beginning of the end of Colorado's best elk heard in the world. And their moose population, and ... anything else the wolves will kill.
No matter what the greenies agree to as far as wolf population control prior to the wolf introduction, they will fight tooth and nail and find liberal judges to support them when the wolf population exceeds their planned numbers.

Wolves are a keystone species. They kill beavers and elk so your trout will thrive. Or something like that

I listened to the presentation up until the public engagement chapter. After that I had work conflicts. I thought it was well presented and the commission seemed engaged in an intelligent manner. The re-introduction methodology seems reasonable to me. I would have liked to see some more solid demarcation on the game species decision but something tells me that would have shot the whole plan in the foot.

What’s total BS is not one org group we all through money at has filed a lawsuit just as if a hunting season for them was put in place to halt the killing.

I didn't listen or read the whole link. But isn't there some catch in the ESA where you aren't supposed to "reintroduce" a species where that species is already established? That seemed a point worth emphasizing early in this process but I haven't heard a thing on it lately, especially after they keep finding wolves already in Colorado.

I've said thus before and I will say it again. If wolves are going to be rei-ntroduced in the west, then they need to be reintroduced everywhere. About the time someone's million plus dollar stud race horse is chewed on and eaten or their lil' foofoo dog in Central Park comes up missing they will not understand how others feel about it.

I know this thought process torques a lotnof folks. I simply will say that I don't think the West should be the guinea pig constantly for wildlife. They roamed the majority of the lower 48. Fair is fair.
They should be managed like any other game animal.

What astounds me is that we always hear that wolves were here and need to be brought back. How many folks on here have heard of the caribou population that Montana once had? Last I heard the remainder of that herd was down to three possibly four. Why has nothing been done to bring them back?
Colorado i wish you the best.
Not just the West, we have plenty here in WI.
More of a density issue here.

I honestly didn't know that. Was it a re introduction or a migration from the North?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back