Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Henry’s 45/70

MaddH

Anybody have any experience with the Henry lever action or single shot in 45/70 ? Thinking about adding one to the arsenal

I have the single shot, brass in 45-70.
I was kinda bummed with Henry about it being a break open action, instead of a falling block like a Ruger #1.

Sights are kinda hard for my old eyes to see.
Thinking of putting a red dot on it.

Shooting Federal ammo right now.
325gr(?).

It's accurate enough at the range to take a deer at 150yards out of the box.

I got the reloading dies, Sierra 300gr bullets, and some Vihtavouri. Anxious to see how it does.

They're both nice guns. I'm not a fan of the mag tube on the lever action, but the action is smooth and has a decent trigger.
I don't really have anything negative about the single shot, other than pulling the barrel is a little weird.

I have the single shot, brass in 45-70.
I was kinda bummed with Henry about it being a break open action, instead of a falling block like a Ruger #1.

Sights are kinda hard for my old eyes to see.
Thinking of putting a red dot on it.

Shooting Federal ammo right now.
325gr(?).

It's accurate enough at the range to take a deer at 150yards out of the box.

I got the reloading dies, Sierra 300gr bullets, and some Vihtavouri. Anxious to see how it does.
Have you had any issues with the stock cracking? I’ve read a few reviews where folks have had cracks develop on the straight grip single-shot stocks. Most of them sounded like the cracks developed pretty quickly, too.

I’m hoping it might have just been a bad batch of wood, because those brass rifles look good as hell.

Anybody have any experience with the Henry lever action or single shot in 45/70 ? Thinking about adding one to the arsenal
I have one have not shot it still brand new just taking up space in my safe I might be convinced to sell it if you are wanting a lever gun. It's nice and the action is smooth bought it for a gun to carry while riding horses and decided a pistol is easier to deal with

I have one have not shot it still brand new just taking up space in my safe I might be convinced to sell it if you are wanting a lever gun. It's nice and the action is smooth bought it for a gun to carry while riding horses and decided a pistol is easier to deal with
Thanks but I’m leaning towards the single shot

I would think about it to hang up next to my Marlin 1895CB but I can't spare the funds required. 😞

Have you had any issues with the stock cracking? I’ve read a few reviews where folks have had cracks develop on the straight grip single-shot stocks. Most of them sounded like the cracks developed pretty quickly, too.

I’m hoping it might have just been a bad batch of wood, because those brass rifles look good as hell.
No issues with the stock.
I haven't put a full box of ammo through it yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back