Yeti GOBOX Collection

Help!

Duck Commander

I have a lot of questions, first is what gun shuld I get for fox and coyotes.
2nd I heard about foxpro spitfire for 200 bucks is this a good buy.
3rd when and were shuld I hunt I live about 30 minuets north of St. Paul Minnesota, yes I'm really trying to hunt coyotes in Minnesota. If you know of a good place for me that be great or just what to look for. I'm kinda a beginner trying to get started young (14)

A 223 or 22-250 would be great.Just find the right bullet to reduce pelt damage.I owned the original fox pro and it was a great unit.I have called many coyote in in wisconsin so minn should not be that different.Call in brushy draws,fence lines, cattail swamps, early mornings and nights.Dont get discouraged you may make 20 or more sets before you call any in. You will find over time you will have spots that seem to produce more times than not if you dont overcall them.If you decide to hunt in pairs one guy should carry a shotgun and the other a rifle. good luck

If you don't reload, I'd suggest a .223 as factory ammo is plentiful and less expensive. I think the 45 gr hollowpoint Win white box (40 rounds in the box, I think) is pretty good ammo. If you are calling, you don;t really need a heavy-barreled varmint rifle. Anything from an inexpensive Stevens 200 or Savage 10 to an expensive AR-style rifle.

I have the FoxPro FX-3 and like it. It has the remote.

ive used .17 and 22-250 i have a friend who uses a .270 you can pretty much use anything are you trying to sell hides for profit? if so you should be a little more selective.

location??

Weapon choice I think is more dependent on where you hunt, your accuracy, and what price you want from the pelts. I'm from NY and the North Eastern Coyote is much more difficult to call in than the mid and western dogs. I've used a 22-250 for several years, but my partner uses a heavy 308. The dogs often hang up at well over 200 yards, some out as far as 500. Although a 22-250 is flat and sweet the knock down power is just not there at these distances. We have a 100% kill ratio for the 308. For real, 100%. Now fox on the other hand we stick to the .17cal. a cheap Walmart heavy bbl Marlin with a cheap Walmart no-name scope has netted us more fox than anything we shoot. We hunt hard, and we hunt often. 33 coyote and 56 fox and the odd racoon or two last year

Attachments

• 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 87
  • model 10 fcp.JPG
    model 10 fcp.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 89
  • dead coyote.JPG
    dead coyote.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 94
NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics