Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Help???

ArkLibertarian

Last evening after the city council meeting, one of the aldermen told me he had to put a horse down and instead of burying it, he just dragged it way out back on his property and he has seen a bobcat or 2 over there at it (hasn't seen any coyotes) and invited me to come down and hunt.

"im new to this game. My questions are: Should I just set up on the horse carcass and be still and quiet and watch? Should I call? What calls would one use around a dead horse?

Thanks

I have never hunted bobcat, but if I were, I dont think I would use a call in that situation. I hunt coyotes in much the same manner(just watching over bait) I would deffinatly have a call in my pocket, but since they are already coming to the bait why give them a way to pinpoint you! I would simply sit downwind whare I could see the bait and wait....oh yea I have found just after dark is a great time for this.. hey ..good luck.

I would just sit there for a few days. If you can shoot at night hit it at night a few times. I wouldnt call unless you got nothing for a few days. A howler call would work very well,But i would wait a few days befor using it.

Danr55 and I went on a coyote trip one year for a few day's. As luck would have it dans truck broke.While at a service station in the middle of nowhere one of us ask where all the coyote's were. WOW am I glad one of us asked. this guy told us what ranch to goto and to tell the guy at the ranch that he sent us. when we got there and asked the guy said we could sleep on his property and that he would be dragging a few dead cows to a pile. Those 2 days the shooting was great. Had the time of my life there. coyotes everywhere.

Remember that dan!

Delw

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back