Help needed!

mnwife

I could really use some help. I want to surprise my husband with a hog hunting trip for his 40th bday. I know nothing about hogs. I know nothing about hunting. I have KNOW IDEA where to begin my research. There are so many places that offer hog hunts; and so many places that offer different experiences. I want to make sure he has a wonderful experience.

I would love to be pointed in the right direction. State? Area of the state? type of hog hunting? places to avoid because of terrible service?

Are you thinking of a guided service, or a Do It Yourself? That will narrow it down for us to offer you a more appropriate response.

It seems like ur from MN by your name. I live in Woodbury. There is a couple places in Iowa or Wisconsin that he can shoot 1 hog on a 3 day hunt for about $600, lodging included. He will get a hog for sure. Internet search engines will likely list these hunting lodges. The 2 other stand out choices if you want a warmer winter getaway is Texas & California. CA is very beautiful country where they hog hunt. Wine country is close by too. Texas has very good hog hunting, but there is alot of "shady" outfits that promise great hog hunting but it isnt so great. It seems that u want it to be a total suprise...then consider using a professional booking agent like Cabela's to book a hunt. Its not gonna be the cheapest hunt using a booking service like Cabelas, but u wont be disapointed. It will be a great hunt with nice lodging.

Last edited:
If he archery hunts and doesn't mind the travel we go to the Lee Ranch in texas. Carlos is the man. Unlimited hogs archery only is like 300 a day.

Don't forget about south Georgia. There are a variety of plantations that also offer accomadations and bird hunts as well. Southern hospitality at its finest. Macon south east to Savanah are the best areas. Near Savanah, there are some large wildlife managent areas that would be good for a do it yourself unguided hunt. Savannah is an awesome place if you are going too. The river walk is great. Good luck let me know if I can help if you go this route.

Any of the places mentioned would be just as good or better, just giving another option.

Back