Help Needed! Glasses or Contacts??

I wore glasses for 5 years, then contacts for 20, then got Lasik,my the only mistake was not getting Lasik sooner, apparently results vary but for me Lasic was the difference between struggling with glasses and contacts and not even thinking about my vision, maybe that's the best thing I can say about it, I never notice it and after years of definitly noticing dry contacts or fogged glasses just seeing well all the time is pretty amazing.

pretty sure they can go back and "touch up" Lasic now, at the current prices its a bargain compared to contacts... however if that's not an option I'd lean toward contacts over glasses, just carry an extra set in the pack, blinking one out mid day sucks..

If you go the route of contacts, carry an extra set in your pack. Ask me how I know.

Been debating the lasik route but I'd still need cheaters.

Every time I've gotten lazy and just wore my glasses instead of contacts I've regretted it. To varrying degrees, there is always some sort of distracting problem with glasses.

I wear glasses, but while hunting / glossing or shooting I don't wear them. Here's why, after talking to my eye doctor who is a hunter he asked me, you can focus your bino's,your rifle scope why wear glasses when looking thru them. Now to be honest I'll have them on and flip the up or take them off. My thoughts

I will be the odd one out here. Glasses don't increase your chances of an eye infection in the back country and can protect your eyes from that unforeseen twig. They also won't fold over on you when you blink when a good buck is in front of you and you have to put it back in your eye with out beig noticed and when you finally get it in and you look around and the buck has vanished....

Hands down .... contacts.... I wear both and the contacts give me far better peripheral vision. I wear monthly contacts normally but I buy a few boxes of dailies for the hunting, fishing, camping trips. The dailies allow me toss my pair each day and not having to worry about cleaning. I also carry an extra pair of daily use in my bino pouch. That way I am not SOL in the field. Also carry a small case of rewetting drops as my eyes dry out during glassing for long periods and the occasional contact popping out. Glasses are harder to keep clean and my eyes are sensitive to light so the glasses are more hassle to me.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back