Caribou Gear Tarp

HELP!!! MT > UT

Mikecole

I just recently moved from Montana to Utah for career advancement in July and I already miss knowing where I can go to track down some Elk/Deer! I’m very familiar with onX maps and it was my goto on where to find new areas in Montana. HELP! I’m willing to put in the miles and work to get it done (backcountry/multi day).

My biggest challenge has been meeting people since I have been here (SLC) that are into Hunting and conservation!

With just recently moving to UT unfortunately I am not able to swing the out of state fees for a tag but I plan on making a trip back to Montana to fill some general tags and my freezer. It’s killing me to miss bow season this year 😡. My plan is to make it into the hills to just play around with some calls and see how these Utah bulls react. With that being said if anyone needs an extra caller and a strong back, I’m more than game! Any information helps and I would greatly appreciate some guidance!

Thanks guys!
- Mike 62AB7B5D-2533-4A9F-BB7B-4B7179365893.jpegBA69A33A-5D93-4891-B77D-6026A76FFF1B.jpeg112AFDF9-946A-422C-BEAC-EB3094DA80CC.jpeg15C3DB82-581D-4DC0-82C2-38A189DE7D25.jpeg6DA5D2BF-5FE9-413A-AB47-9E39D56F29FB.jpeg5A0B3312-3298-4108-BC8B-DDB13D79E459.jpeg

I would look at the dedicated hunter program and the extended archery deer season. Those are about the best options in Utah beyond putting in for limited entry units. It will be busy but there are some gems out there.

I would look at the dedicated hunter program and the extended archery deer season. Those are about the best options in Utah beyond putting in for limited entry units. It will be busy but there are some gems out there.
Thank you I will definitely check that out!!

Hey Mike. I live in UT but own property in MT. I drew general deer tags in both last year. Did early season deer rifle in East Canyon here. Saw one doe, two moose and a porcupine (and lots of orange!) in 5 days of hunting. You need to be prepared to hike 3-5 miles or more in tomger away from hunting pressure. Bow season is not as bad. To compare, my son and I hunted the last week of general season deer in MT and both filled tags 2 hrs into a planned 5 day hunt.

PM me if you’d like to compare notes.

Back