Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Help me with tools for processing birds (shears? scissors?)

Gerber sheers and a 4" fillet knife seems to work for me on all my small game tasks.

I prefer not to have the sharp bones that happen when you snip them. I usually find all the joints and ring them. Then just bend and twist the legs and wings off. Same with the head.

Game shears and a Havalon type knife have became my bird/small game kit. The shears I have also work as a larger duty knife.

That said, the Buck trapper in my pocket always works if needed as well.

Does anyone else remember the days when a hatchet cut off their heads, boiling water and picking off their feathers, whatever knife my grandfather used to do all the chores on the ranch to gut them and then hand them to grandmother to cook. Farm roosters, ducks, geese, quail ---same procedure ;)

Has anyone improved on finding all the bb's before you bite down on one ? Do you fellows still eat the wings and neck ?

O.k. please continue, just could not resist as the memories came flooding back. my apologizes

Does anyone else remember the days when a hatchet cut off their heads, boiling water and picking off their feathers, whatever knife my grandfather used to do all the chores on the ranch to gut them and then hand them to grandmother to cook. Farm roosters, ducks, geese, quail ---same procedure ;)

Has anyone improved on finding all the bb's before you bite down on one ? Do you fellows still eat the wings and neck ?

O.k. please continue, just could not resist as the memories came flooding back. my apologizes
I absolute do remember that. My great grandparents would do that with chickens. You did not derail the thread at all.....helps us remember the good ole days.

Europe. I haven't tested this myself but I hear you can run raw birds in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds. Any pellets will arc and show their locations.

My brother and i when we were young would chase after the flopping chickens dad shot with the .22 lr. then help with the plucking. And thankfully I'm in possession of that ole .22. Them chicken n dumplins were and still are some fine eats and one of my fondest memories

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back