PEAX Equipment

Help for a newbie

Scrumbag

Hi folks,

I am looking at doing my first non-resident hunt and I'm looking at Arizona for rifle hunting.

The situation is this - a buddy of mine has moved to Arizona and it would be good to go and see him and hunt for a few days.

I'm not actually too worried about what I hunt. I'm from the UK so it is all kind of new to me. What would be the best strategy be for hunting anything (Small or big game) in the '23 season.

Advice greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Scrummy

For rifle big game there aren’t many options without points unless you get really lucky. You could possibly do cow elk or javelina. There may be couple Coues deer units if you’re willing to get after it pretty hard.

You could definitely do Jack rabbit in terms of small game. That would be pretty simple. There are also bird options.

Thanks SC. I was wondering if I could buy or enter anything this year to build some points...

Scrummy

All big game points are closed for '22.

There are some hunts that were 100% with zero points for the November hunts. You could hunt birds and rabbits during that time.

Hi folks,

I am looking at doing my first non-resident hunt and I'm looking at Arizona for rifle hunting.

The situation is this - a buddy of mine has moved to Arizona and it would be good to go and see him and hunt for a few days.

I'm not actually too worried about what I hunt. I'm from the UK so it is all kind of new to me. What would be the best strategy be for hunting anything (Small or big game) in the '23 season.

Advice greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Scrummy
From what I know of Arizona I think archery is the best bet because you can get otc tags for a lot of units

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back