Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hello from Wy

Welcome to Hunt Talk, Derik. There are a couple of other Big Horn Basin buds who log on here from time to time too. Great place to live if you are a hunter. I visit frequently.

Welcome to the site. I have a feeling you're going to be very informative. Your pics are FREAKING awesome! Looking forward to more posts from you.

Awesome photos!! Any more pics of your moose?

The moose was my moms she spent 32 years trying to draw the bighorns moose tag, So I made sure I spent all summer scouting with her and making sure it was a hunt to remember and Oh man was it ever. The the weather was exceptionally warm that year and the moose where staying in the dark timber. We had many failed stock attempts during archery season and with the end of rifle season coming to an end we couldn't find a good bull to save ourselves. A couple days before season ended the weather flipped and it snowed about 10" over night and the temperature dropped to -5°. I talked her into calling in sick and the whole family skipped work/school and headed to camp. The night before my buddy and I took my can-am and busted the drifted road open so we could get in there the next morning. We spotted this bull while busting drifts about 3 miles down the canyon from the access road so we decided to try him first thing in the morning. After a very very cold night we spotted him with 2 cows about a mile down from the road "even better" we got to the gate and busted tail to the clearing i had in my head that we needed to get to, we got all setup and I called a couple times and he came on a string.. My mom pumped two 115 gr bergers into him out of her 25-06 and he was hers..

Last edited:
Thanks for the follow up pics. That buck looks even more impressive in the picture where your sister is holding it up. That moose is sweet too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back