PEAX Equipment

Hello from Southern California

Welcome! Has your hunting been big game or small game or both? Nothing better than hunting & fishing with your kids (sometimes not relaxing, but still good).
Thank you. It’s definitely a challenge but I wouldn’t have it any other way. They both bass fish and are pretty good. This is their second year hunting. We’ve only hunted doves, ducks and coyotes. No big game yet. That’s coming though.

Welcome. Where in Southern California are you from? I grew up close to Lake Castaic and used to fish it some. Never caught one of those giants though.

Welcome. Where in Southern California are you from? I grew up close to Lake Castaic and used to fish it some. Never caught one of those giants though.
Thank you. I’m about 15 minutes from lake Perris. I’ve caught some nice fish out of castaic. I tournament fish, so I go all over but mainly fish lake Perris and Diamond Valley.

First welcome to Hunt Talk.
Not sure about where you are located but in Northern Ca. there are a number of junior hunter opportunities. CWA does a good job with junior activities and helps with a few junior hunts. They offer classes for new hunters as well as some great fundraiser events geared towards juniors. My grandsons have been fortunate and have won a couple of raffles for youth guns. I am sure there are other organizations that do similar things and you might try to get the young hunters involved if those opportunities exist near you. As soon as they are old enough you should apply for some junior big game hunts also.
It is great to read about parents getting their kids involved in outdoor activities.

First welcome to Hunt Talk.
Not sure about where you are located but in Northern Ca. there are a number of junior hunter opportunities. CWA does a good job with junior activities and helps with a few junior hunts. They offer classes for new hunters as well as some great fundraiser events geared towards juniors. My grandsons have been fortunate and have won a couple of raffles for youth guns. I am sure there are other organizations that do similar things and you might try to get the young hunters involved if those opportunities exist near you. As soon as they are old enough you should apply for some junior big game hunts also.
It is great to read about parents getting their kids involved in outdoor activities.
Thank you. I’m about 7 hours from Northern California. I do plan on applying for junior hunts in the near future.

Back