Hello from So Cal.

Rodmor80

Hello from so cal everyone. Just getting into bow hunting down here in D16. My wife and I both got drawn this year for the A22 deer tag and I have an AO tag as well. Going to be hunting mostly public land and working on a possible private land permission as well. Any helpful info for this zone/ tag would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Welcome from one SoCal native to another. This forum has been incredibly helpful for us new and learning hunters. Having said that, I wouldn't count on unit specific information here in SoCal to be given out. Archery hunting mule deer down here in this incredibly dry manzanita, chaparral, and scrub oak is hands down the hardest thing I have ever done. If you can get some private land access in D16, that would be a major score. Otherwise, be ready for the suffer fest with the rest of us. But thats what makes it so fun, right? Trying to learn an area and out smart an animal that is hunted daily by the nations greatest predator, cats - and there is no shortage of those around here. Good luck man, and I hope you and your wife have a great season.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back