Hello from new Iowa member.

Dfuller

Hello all,
Migrated here after some of the other forums I frequented are getting more political and less about hunting. Grew up in Iowa bow hunting deer. Spent a few years in service and started a family and decided to move back to area I grew up.

got deep back into hunting now and working on getting my kids interested as well. Have 5 from the ages of 1-10 with my wonderful wife. Look forward to all the great info and stories on here from the lurking I have been doing.

Hello to all ! I am a new member having been active for 6 years on another forum, which I am still connected with, but looking for those who are more in tune with my endeavors ! The other site has some great guys, but their interests are of which I know little about, and thus have little to contribute. I am strictly a traditional bow hunter, am a strong supporter of our 2A, but have not hunted with firearms in over 40 years. The other site is predominantly gun oriented, hand loading and of which I feel lost, find little to respond to ! I am a veteran of the Air Force (1958-1962) self employed as a taxidermist for 30 years prior to retirement in 2003. My great love now is bow hunting elk which I first experienced in 1988 and became obsessed with, have been fortunate to even have had some success in my hunting attempts. Look forward to possibly hearing from others who enjoy the excitement of talking with and hunting elk. Wishing those who may become friends, a Happy New Year !

Hello to all ! I am a new member having been active for 6 years on another forum, which I am still connected with, but looking for those who are more in tune with my endeavors ! The other site has some great guys, but their interests are of which I know little about, and thus have little to contribute. I am strictly a traditional bow hunter, am a strong supporter of our 2A, but have not hunted with firearms in over 40 years. The other site is predominantly gun oriented, hand loading and of which I feel lost, find little to respond to ! I am a veteran of the Air Force (1958-1962) self employed as a taxidermist for 30 years prior to retirement in 2003. My great love now is bow hunting elk which I first experienced in 1988 and became obsessed with, have been fortunate to even have had some success in my hunting attempts. Look forward to possibly hearing from others who enjoy the excitement of talking with and hunting elk. Wishing those who may become friends, a Happy New Year !
Welcome to HT.

Hi i am also a new member wondering how do i create a post to get to the required ten to start a thread does commenting count as a post on here?

Bowhunter999, Where are you from?

I'm a traditional bowshooter drifting back into bowhunting. But I gun hunt too - also strictly with "traditional" firearms. Not sure what the word "traditional" means anymore but for me it's 19th century and older.

Hi BrentD. I am from the farmlands of southern Michigan. I have lived here for my lifetime other than 3 years stationed in Germany in the Air Force. I have family in Germany at this time and visit there often. Bow hunting is not allowed in Germany, but I have been on several hunts as a ‘pusher’ during gun hunts with German friends. Hunts in Germany are very honoring of game killed, much respect shown to the animals taken ! would enjoy talking ‘traditional’ archery with you if you so desire ! Happy New Year to you.......!

Back