Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Hello from Fort Collins

ghost-haunted

Hello everyone!

I am a life long shooter (handguns, shotguns, small caliber rifles) who has decided at the young age of 40 to get into hunting o_O. I live in Fort Collins, Colorado. I have two rifles that are ready to rock and roll -- Savage Model 10 .308 and a Tikka CTR 6.5.

I am super new to hunting, and I could use any advice anyone is willing to give. I've been spending some time learning my rifles, zeroing them in and such.

I have so many questions, some hunting specific and some specific for Colorado. From my understanding, this year you can hunt Coyotes year round. If so, I am interested in doing that so I can get out there as much as possible. I have my hunter's education card, but I am pretty confused about licensing. I've read a lot about "lotteries" and allocations, etc. If anyone is willing to offer advice or suggestions for a new hunter in Colorado, I would be grateful. Thanks for your time!

Hello and Welcome. If you want to educate yourself of different states, look no further than a search for Randy Newberg "state" on YouTube.

Welcome from the Springs. My hunting buddy, CPO, is in Wellington so I am up that way regularly. Take a slow read through the hunting regs online and the CPW website. A lot of good info in there. If you have questions feel free to PM me.....I'm now expert but I have been doing it for 11 years now. Good news is that you can easily hunt several seasons a year and we have tons of public land!!

Welcome! Even though I have lived and been hunting & fishing in Colorado for 32 years I've just gotten involved on the Hunt Talk forum last fall. Have been fortunate to meet a lot of really great people here and in person. I have received great help for specific things from several. I am happy to share anything I can. I am just west of the Springs and it appears SFC B and I might be a couple of local resources for you.

Last edited:
Welcome to HT. Tons of hunting opportunities in CO. It is why so many Nonresidents come to CO every year. Do searches for particular questions you have both here and the Colorado Parks and Wildlife site.

Welcome, as far as I know you can hunt Coyotes with a small game license, be sure to have your hunter's safety card as well. Some good hunting up your way, feel free to PM if you want me a little more info!

Hello everyone!

I am a life long shooter (handguns, shotguns, small caliber rifles) who has decided at the young age of 40 to get into hunting o_O. I live in Fort Collins, Colorado. I have two rifles that are ready to rock and roll -- Savage Model 10 .308 and a Tikka CTR 6.5.

I am super new to hunting, and I could use any advice anyone is willing to give. I've been spending some time learning my rifles, zeroing them in and such.

I have so many questions, some hunting specific and some specific for Colorado. From my understanding, this year you can hunt Coyotes year round. If so, I am interested in doing that so I can get out there as much as possible. I have my hunter's education card, but I am pretty confused about licensing. I've read a lot about "lotteries" and allocations, etc. If anyone is willing to offer advice or suggestions for a new hunter in Colorado, I would be grateful. Thanks for your time!
Welcome to HT and good luck in your new hunting hobby. I've never hunted CO but it's def a pin on my map to get to someday. Some quality critters in that state!
Happy Hunting!
-Smokeybarrel

Hello everyone!

Welcome from NV!

In addition to all the other good advice you've gotten, check out Go Hunt Insider. They put most of the info you need to get started all in one spot. I'm sure @Big Fin will appreciate me reminding you to use promo code "RANDY" at check out if you sign up. Get's you a few bucks to use in their gear store, and some discounts on the gear you buy. 🤙

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back