Caribou Gear Tarp

Hello from Colorado!

Randingo

Randy from Colorado here! Currently located in Aspen. Have been unable to hunt for the past several years due to work but hoping to change that next year.
There"s a lot of Elk here in this area!!elk.jpg

Took this pic last night around 1730. Probably 300 feeding in this field.

Great photo! Aspen is a nice area, I was passing through last fall and was surprised to see a rugby tournament in full swing in the town centre. Very cool and spent the afternoon in the sun watching. Hope to get back there someday.

Good of you to join us. How's the Roaring Fork Valley sentiment RE wolf reintro?

The ranchers here are not to receptive of that idea. If the loose live stock the government will reimburse them with tax payer dollars. So essentially the Rancher has to pay for the Wolf to be reintroduced (tax money), and then pay again (tax money) when the wolf kills his animals.

If that's by Aspen, they are protected. No one will let you hunt in that area. Public land around the Aspen and Breckenridge area is scarce for hunting purposes.

If that's by Aspen, they are protected. No one will let you hunt in that area. Public land around the Aspen and Breckenridge area is scarce for hunting purposes.

Mmm I saw two bulls fighting about about 20 cows .5 miles up from a trailhead thats about 10min from downtown....

Aspen and Breck are 140miles apart... maybe Keystone and Breck... although I know of multiple 320 bulls killed in the Breck Keystone area.

Let just leave it at there are lots of elk in Colorado, and plenty of public lands for all user groups.

Mmm I saw two bulls fighting about about 20 cows .5 miles up from a trailhead thats about 10min from downtown....

Aspen and Breck are 140miles apart... maybe Keystone and Breck... although I know of multiple 320 bulls killed in the Breck Keystone area.

Let just leave it at there are lots of elk in Colorado, and plenty of public lands for all user groups.

LOL I have not hunted Colorado since 2003 when I moved to Cheyenne. Back then in that area, you pretty much needed an outfitter unless you knew a landowner or something. I hunted mostly Meeker, Rifle and Gore Creek near Kremling myself. BLM at one time was giving out exclusive control leases and you had to check before you went out.

LOL I have not hunted Colorado since 2003 when I moved to Cheyenne. Back then in that area, you pretty much needed an outfitter unless you knew a landowner or something. I hunted mostly Meeker, Rifle and Gore Creek near Kremling myself. BLM at one time was giving out exclusive control leases and you had to check before you went out.

Huh, no kidding. It’s interesting how it’s all evolved.

Actually there is plenty of great hunting all around here. The pic is from a herd on private property, but within 20 minutes of downtown there a lot of Elk on public lands.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back