Hello from Arizona

JColony

Active member
Joined
Aug 9, 2016
Messages
127
Location
Gilbert, AZ
Thought I'd fire off an intro as a new member. The family and I recently relocated to AZ from Eastern WA. Sometimes you gotta follow the paycheck. I've been a diehard muzzy hunter for the past 10 years or so in Washington. Now that I'm in AZ, I've made the switch to archery. With archery being the only OTC option, I figured I needed to give it a try. Was only able to hunt the 3rd season of 2015 and the 1st of 2016 and did not manage to punch a tag, no surprise. Gonna keep this short, looking forward to exploring the forums and getting to know this community.
John C.
 

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 27, 2000
Messages
15,966
Location
Bozeman, MT
Welcome. I'll be trying that OTC archery gig in Arizona next January. Low expectations on punching a tag with archery gear, but surely an improvement over the Montana weather.
 

Lv2hnt

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 23, 2001
Messages
903
Location
Gilbert, Arizona
Hey, neighbor --- welcome to a GREAT site! We'll have to get together and talk Arizona hunting (PM me your phone #) ...
 

junior88

Active member
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
589
Location
Surprise, AZ
Welcome aboard, it's nice to see that Randy is going to attempt a coues hunt. Archery will be tough though, however it is an "any antlered deer" season. So muleys are still a possibility
 

LopeHunter

Well-known member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
3,177
Location
MO-->CA-->NW-->AZ-->NV
Welcome aboard. AZ also has plenty of javelina you can hunt. There is an archery elk hunt on edge of Flagstaff you can probably draw each year as a resident. Is only hunted by archers. I will retire there and have a house in the Phoenix region but am not yet a resident. Someday. For now, am in the 10% bucket for tags. If any chance you will move away from AZ, consider getting the lifetime license. If you do move away, you will pay non-resident tag prices but be in the 90% bucket for tags.
 

dalbo

Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2012
Messages
256
Location
Mesa, AZ
Welcome to the forum and to AZ. Good luck on your hunts this year, take some pictures and let us know how it goes.
 
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
104,744
Messages
1,733,344
Members
32,750
Latest member
wct12
Top