Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Hello folks!

Aaronmp

Glad to find this site and the podcast. I live in the Central Valley in California and big time camper/hiker. Haven't gone hunting for big game yet but am going this fall for bear in blm in the Sierras. Looking forward to it and being a part of the hunting community.

Well, welcome aboard! You can learn alot about hunting, and feel free to share some hiking/camping knowledge.
Good luck with the bear hunt!

Welcome. I am interested to learn how folks in a highly populated state, such as California, find places and opportunities to hunt. Hope to learn more about that.

Welcome!
I used to go right thru Hanford all the time to get to the Sierras and back,had a cabin up there.
Tons of bears when I was there that's for sure.

Hank4elk it's comforting to know that someone knows where Hanford is! And bear is what I'm hunting this fall. Randy most of the hunting here is private "who you know" access. Sadly most of the good pig hunting on the central coast is leased by guided hunts and I refuse to pay $500 for a pig hunt. Plenty of dove, pheasant, chumar around the farm areas, and good predator calling for coyotes and bobcat.

Aaron ,your just across the valley from millions of acres of NF land.
You will just have to trust me or wait for a clear day this winter to see one our great mountain ranges,the Sierra Nevada's!
On the west side is coastal range and the A-zone.Bet you can pick up a deer tag still,they never sell out.

I love that view of the Sierras every morning. Especially during winter with the snow. And I may try to talk my buddy into deer hunting this year. He drew unit 27 in Arizona so we are pretty consumed with locating some good spots via Google Earth.

I'm just west of 27 in NM but never hunted it,know many that do.Did he draw deer or elk? I'll be after deer east of it.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back