Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Helix 9 or 10 for ice fishing

Horse

I have a Helix 9 SI 2gn on my boat. I bought the ice transducer to ice fish. I went this route, as I only ice fish a few times a winter. I know others have done this. I've checked out youtube and other fishing sites as far as settings, but am not happy with what I'm seeing compared to friends vexilar.
Anyone running this setup? Anyone advise what they have their setting at? Such as sensitivity, freq. used, etc? Id be fishing some lakes at 20-30ft of water and other shallow lakes that are 8-10 ft? No one I know runs a 9 or 10 inch. And I know the settings are different on the 7", where most of the internet info is about. Humminbird wasn't much help when I emailed them. Thanks in advance.

I use a Humminbird but not the Helix 9 or 10. Check out iceshanty.com if you haven't already and search/post your question there, i'm sure somebody there will have used that set-up.

Wish I could shed some technical advice, but not the case. What I can say is that it is possible. A fishing pal of mine runs the helix 9 on the ice and in my opinion, it puts my Marcum LX7 to shame. I know he figured it out by watching YouTube.

I think you'll be able to get an ice pack and have it work just fine. I personally have a Lowrance and an ice pack and it works great. I can't imagine it would be that much different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back