Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Heather's Choice

I've eaten HC dinners for years and have only had one pack with quality control issues. IMO, Gastro has great stuff, and Peak has some good things too, but kind of shocked at all the comments loving mountain house... nasty!

I've eaten HC dinners for years and have only had one pack with quality control issues. IMO, Gastro has great stuff, and Peak has some good things too, but kind of shocked at all the comments loving mountain house... nasty!
I have some very important information to share with you.

The peak bison mashers is one of the worst things I’ve ever tried to eat in my life. After a few bites my wife and I promptly dumped it and heated another meal we had. Anyone that says it’s great has some vested interest in peak.
Now wait a minute!

Did my own instant oats and granola options for this years hunt breakfasts. Stuck with ramen and tons of snacks for lunch. I tried a ton of freeze dried dinners and my favorites continue to be peak. That said, mashers with a package of chicken and dehydrated green chile also hits the spot. Haven’t tried the bison ones but sounds like I should stay away.

I tried HC a few years back and was not impressed - especially the salmon chowder. Followed the instructions for reheating due to high elevation and got a gob of food. Put it down, but talk about a let down for a dinner on a backpack hunt in CO third season….

Bummer to hear they are in trouble.

I have tried some of her stuff and thought it was really good. It is definitely pricey compared to other brands but I do think that her meals are of a higher quality than the cheaper stuff. I’ve heard her on some different podcasts and she is definitely passionate about her product and an interesting person. Hopefully she can it turned around. And also she is pretty damn hot !!

I've only had the African Peanut Stew. I keep a notebook with backpacking meal ratings to keep track of what I've had. Out of 5 stars I gave it a 2.5-3 and called it "good." My notes indicated to use less H2o than the directions indicate.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back