Caribou Gear Tarp

Heather's Choice

WIdave

Most of us on here have heard of Heather's Choice meals. I've used some of the meals and Packaroons and thought they were fantastic. I personally thought it was a well established company or an off-shoot of a larger company. The recent "Shark Tank" episode really opened my eyes to the background of Heather's Choice. See link below (she is toward the end of the episode).

Heather's Choice Shark Tank

Lets support Heather's Choice because we need all variety possible in the back country!

I lived on Heather's Choice for five days in AK last summer and was a big fan. I had also heard incredible comments about the packaroons....meh. They have calories and will make a turd, but I wasn't that impressed. The meals on the other hand were very good.

$250k? Doesn't seem like that much for operations... Heather can go to the SBA loan as a woman-owned business... No giving up equity. She seems like a nice person, and it's my favorite meal. Production in AK is what's killing her business. People who don't own businesses don't understand the constant stress it takes on a person.

Last edited:
I had also heard incredible comments about the packaroons....meh. They have calories and will make a turd, but I wasn't that impressed. The meals on the other hand were very good.
Same here on the packaroons my wife on the other hand loves them. I have a hard time finishing a mountain house or Peak especially at lunch. Besides delicious these are the perfect size so that I don't end up with a half a mountain house in my pack the rest of the day. These are my two favorites the Mole chicken and rice is also good.20240122_200329.jpg

Maybe they got better, but I was definitely not a fan of the meals. Everybody taste buds are different tho

You haul milk and butter around?
Just add water. You only need to add about 1/2 as much as it says. The broccoli alfredo and stroganoff are my favorites. I ate it on all my backpack hunts this year. A bit of a step up from granola bars, trail mix and tuna packets. Felt like I was getting soft.

Last edited:
The peak bison mashers is one of the worst things I’ve ever tried to eat in my life. After a few bites my wife and I promptly dumped it and heated another meal we had. Anyone that says it’s great has some vested interest in peak.

The peak bison mashers is one of the worst things I’ve ever tried to eat in my life. After a few bites my wife and I promptly dumped it and heated another meal we had. Anyone that says it’s great has some vested interest in peak.
I like Peak when I can find it on sale but that Bison Mashers is the worst backpack meal I've ever had.

Bunch of different flavors and taste good. About 1000 calories. Pre chop up some summer sausage carry it in and throw it in while cooking. Entire big meal for like $2.50.
The noodles and the rice are good. Packs of instant mashed potatoes are also tasty. Anything is better than the freeze dried stuff, no matter who makes it.

Definitely not a fan of heathers choice - I just make my own with the dehydrator now. Much cheaper that way!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back