Caribou Gear

Hearing protection

Corn king 60

Just got diagnosed with tinnitus in one ear. was looking for recommendations for ear muffs that are comfortable to wear a lot not just for shooting which I don’t do a lot of I would be wearing them while farming and such. I have a pair but are old and heavy with wide metal band they hurt my ears and top of my head. A lot of you shooters on here probably have some better suggestions. Thanks in advance

I have a pair of Howard Leight Impact. They are electronic, amplifying normal sounds and canceling out above a certain level. Lot of options out there including noise canceling ear buds too than can sinc to a Bluetooth device

I have a pair of Howard Leight Impact. They are electronic, amplifying normal sounds and canceling out above a certain level. Lot of options out there including noise canceling ear buds too than can sinc to a Bluetooth device
Are they easy to wear for long periods of time?

Harbor Freight has some really cheap ones, that actually work fairly well. I've also used Howard Leight Impact ones that can amplify quiet sounds and deaden loud noises. My sons are using 3M Peltor EEP-100 in-ear protectors and seem pleased with those. I wish I would have spent the money years ago on something like the ESP in-ear ones, spendy, but my current hearing aids aren't cheap either. Protect what hearing you have, I've had tinnitus in both ears non-stop for years. Loud noise from farm machinery, the shop and shooting have taken their toll on my hearing.

Harbor Freight has some really cheap ones, that actually work fairly well. I've also used Howard Leight Impact ones that can amplify quiet sounds and deaden loud noises. My sons are using 3M Peltor EEP-100 in-ear protectors and seem pleased with those. I wish I would have spent the money years ago on something like the ESP in-ear ones, spendy, but my current hearing aids aren't cheap either. Protect what hearing you have, I've had tinnitus in both ears non-stop for years. Loud noise from farm machinery, the shop and shooting have taken their toll on my hearing.
Yeah that’s why I’m looking for something easy to wear for long period of time on tractors. My antique ones hurt like hell after about an hour.
did your ears ever quit ringing? Mine is only in my left ear

Are they easy to wear for long periods of time?
Worn mine at some pistol matches for 2-3 hours before, no problem. If you can find noise canceling ear buds that work they would be much more comfortable I'm sure. I just bought a pair of iso-tunes with a Bluetooth function. Great for listening to podcasts or music while working.

I work construction and use the orange plastic, that hang around your neck. I take them hunting with me also.

I've wore my Howard Leight and cheap Harbor Freights for matches that last about 6 hours. There's some getting used to them for sure. The cheap in-ear foam plugs might be good to try as well, you'll have to get accustomed to something being in your ear, but do something for sure. I don't want to be an alarmist but the ringing in both ears probably hasn't stopped in 8+ years - protect your hearing.

I've wore my Howard Leight and cheap Harbor Freights for matches that last about 6 hours. There's some getting used to them for sure. The cheap in-ear foam plugs might be good to try as well, you'll have to get accustomed to something being in your ear, but do something for sure. I don't want to be an alarmist but the ringing in both ears probably hasn't stopped in 8+ years - protect your hearing.
Yeah I tried the foam in ear ones that’s a no go for me
the ringing when I’m busy or outside really isn’t noticed
but when reading or watching TV is when I no it’s there

I'm not sure about ear muffs but I have a few pairs of the custom molded ear plugs that I really like. They are not cheap but they work very good and are comfortable. Just another thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back