heading west in the morning

twodot

well in the morning we will be montana bound. trip will start at miles city, then head up to jordan, then west to lewistown, north to fort benton, over to seeley lake, up to whitefish,then down to polson and missoula. will end up at thompson falls. trip home will go down thru bozeman, then down to cody before heading back east. major road trip!! the reason for this big adventure is to figure where we will be moving back to in the spring. when we get back in 15 days or so we will begin the process of selling out to finally get out there. my favorite part of the state is east central along the missouri river, but we are thinking that to make a living we may be best off in the western areas where the building trades are thriving somewhat. and the tourist dollar seems to come more often. i do plan to do a little coyote calling along the way. the wife nor i have lived in mt. since 84 and things have sure changed, but it still looks like the best place that you could want to be. i'll be the slow driving cherokee with the indiana plates. twodot

Good luck on your trip, what are you most interested at seeing on your journey besides lots of road? :)

BHR and Nut thanks for the good wishes, Moosie, "selling out" meaning liquidating all of the various tools and equipment that you collect over 20 years of hobby farming and homebuilding. you know,tractor, hay wagons, disks and plows, trailers, beater jeep, tools, from farm, tools from contracting, give away extra tree stands and various outdoor stuff then sell the house and farm. we want to have a fresh start when we come west, i only intend to bring minimal tools ie. portable and to leave the stationary shop type stuff behind. good hunting? lets see i can only think of 8 different species of big game that could be hunted compared to one back here. not to mention the extra varmints like bobcat, badger, pr.dogs etc. that we don't have. yes i have been painfully aware of the hunting oppertunities for quite some time. elkchsr, lotsa road time for sure the minimum mileage without any side trips is 4600 and since we will be checking out prospective homes i know that it will be more. we are interested in seeing various small towns that have caught our intrest over the years to see if the real estate market is ok for the "buy fix and sell" prospect. we also want to be close to water because i would like to have some form of outdoor related business even if it is renting canoes, or a camp for starters. this is something that we have been wanting for years and once we head out from here we will not be able to look back. lots of friends and family think that we are nuts but we gotta go for it. twodot

Twodot...you rule dude. So few people have the balls to pick up and move like that. Most would sit in the situation that they are in and be unhappy until they die.

I might be interested in some of the things you have to sell depending on where you live in Indiana. My father may be interested in a wagon and other mis farm stuff.

Let me know where your at and what you have for sale.

[email protected]

Jason

Good luck again Twodot. I take it your handle comes from the town of Twodot, Montana (BTW ever hear the Hank Williams Jr. tune about Twodot, MT?). If you need any info about T. Falls or Bozeman area PM me, I've lived in both and am a contractor as well. You will probably get sticker shock looking at MT property (expecially around Bozeman) but it sounds like you already are aware of that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrisw
Back