Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

HB 96 - Landowner Elk Tags Hikjacked

Bill has been moved to the bottom of the list. Sounds like an amendment to restore the bill to the original version is going to be submitted.

Rep. Zack Brown proposed an amendment to restore the bill to the original. That effort was defeated 48 aye to 52 no.

Rep. Bob Brown proposed another amendment to remove the required designee names. That amendment was also defeated aye 17 to 83 no.

Sponsor Zack Brown, then asked the House to vote no on HB 96. The bill failed to pass second reading aye 48 to no 52.

Great news, but the close vote emphasizes the need for vigilance and continued advocacy for what's in the best interest of public hunting of public wildlife.

I think one of the key conversations ignored by this subject is enforcement.

I spoke with some retired FWP enforcement and current FWP enforcement to see what the reality would be to enforce such a bill from any landowner abuse - next to none.

So what is the point of any of Flynn's sideboards if FWP probably won't be able to enforce any of it or even know about it?

Something to note, one of the Reps tried to make this a landowner versus no issue by directing the other Reps to take a look at the comments sent to them, that the opposition was not by landowners, just sportsmen.

I know a number of sportsmen that are landowners who sent in opposition comments. They may not have identified themselves as landowners, but they were and I sure there are more that I don't know about. This is part of the polarization cards that keep being played to drive a wedge between stakeholders interests.

Folks need to send thank you's on these votes. Those on the R or D side need a thank you.

This is super important. Please do contact legislators and thank them. This was a rough ride for a number of folks, with many sportsmen breaking the cardinal rule and letting their passion get the best of them c

Thank them, and be nice.

This is super important. Please do contact legislators and thank them. This was a rough ride for a number of folks, with many sportsmen breaking the cardinal rule and letting their passion get the best of them c

Thank them, and be nice.
Newcomer Rep. Knokey (Bozeman) was another Republican that voted correctly on this. [email protected]

Thanks to all who contacted representatives. And thank reps who made the right call for public hunters.

Kill it again!
Wittich's replacement, Bruce Grubbs, came through for us. That alone was worth getting sued. ;)

Ha! Love it. I was one of the many that made a call to Grubbs requesting a no vote on this bill. Glad to see he listened.

I got word this morning that they are trying to revive it.

E-mail sent. Again.

Just a quick question for those that know. Are e-mails effective, or do Phone calls carry more weight when trying to voice support or opposition to the various issues.

Its often alot easier for me to send an e-mail than to call.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back