Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hawke Rifle Scopes

Dakota79

Do any of you have experience or know anything about Hawke rifle scopes? I was thinking about putting one on a .17 HMR just to have something to mess around with. For you that have a .17 HMR what zero do you have it at?

I'm not a fan, I had 2, both returned to the shop and I bought a different make.
Both tubes failed, I torqued them down to the specifications and both times the tubes crushed.
Hope that helps
Cheers
Richard

I can only speak of their air rifle scopes. I have one on my Diana M34, which is a break action piston air rifle. They are extremely hard on scopes due to the forward and rearward forces placed on them when firing the air gun. Mine has remained zeroed over the last several years that I have had it, and the quality of the optics is on par with, if not better than my previous air rifle scopes. I would not hesitate to try a rifle scope on a rifle. I believe they are made in Spain and have a Lifetime warranty.

I have one on my daughters crossbow. Its okay but I am not a fan

Funny this came up now. In another thread, I asked for help finding a lighted crosshair reticle scope. Some of the search advice led me to Hawke (nobody suggested it by name if I recall) and I had homed in on a model for the daughter's .308.

All looked good, until I checked the mounting tube length. Too short - I would need to put a rail on the scope covering part of the top of the ejector port, something I wanted to avoid.

I tend to stick with optics makers that have been around awhile. Like longer than Vortex. mtmuley
What would you recommend putting on a .17 HMR just to pack around and mess with? Would probably have some time shooting prairie dogs and varmints as well as targets with it. More or less just more trigger time for some beginners I am helping to get started.

I have the hawke Vantage IR 4-12 x 40. Its zeroed at 100. I've found there isn't much difference in point of impact between 50 and 100 yards with my 17 hmr. I like the scope just fine. It has held zero, the illuminated reticles are nice, and for squirrel hunting, it fits the bill. I have a fine duplex leupold on another rimfire and that scope is great but its over twice the money I paid for the hawke

Just a note about the warranty.
Hawke's lifetime warranty extends only to the original owner....
With proof of purchase.
If you bought it used, you have a scope without a warranty....

Just sayin' — sometimes it pays to read the legal yada yada.... 😟

Matthias 👍🏼

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back