PEAX Equipment

Have a good weekend

Nut

We are gone to SE Ohio for camping and scouting with a little small game hunting thrown in for the weekend.

If you are getting out to hunt anything have fun and if you are not, have fun also!
cool.gif

Can ya tell I am in a good mood?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I think I'll leave work early. I need to make a test for next thursday, but I can take the material with me. Its supposed to be down to 60s in the hill country this weekend and its like 90s here in the city. Its sure great to get up there where there is a little elevation this time of year! I'll take the varmint call, I'll take the bow, its only 3 weeks till bow season here now.

Have a good weekend Nut. I have some cactus shooting sticks to mail you, I haven't mailed them yet. I better find your address again somewhere.

Tommorow is the first day of fall archery in some of the zones. They called me and said I had to work tommorow. I agreed wasn't happy about it. Figured maybe I could get an hour in the evening in. They called around 5 and said I wasn't required, I would be off, but would have to work Sunday. ( can't hunt here on Sunday) Aww shucks OK if I have to.(HEHEHEH). Have to kill a doe before you can kill a buck in these early zones. So you know where I will be.

Well, I'm back, and I guess I'm done turkey hunting. I got a middling-sized hen Saturday morning. So all I've got to do is get read for antelope in Wyoming, two weeks away.

Congrats on the turkey Ward
cool.gif
If you got any pics it would be great to see them.

Tom.. give me a few and I will PM my address again. Let me know what ya need Buddy!
cool.gif

When ya get the chance whiskers nock one dead
wink.gif

Well it was a fine weekend. The skies were clear and it was great to be away from the city. There wasn't many doves flying so we left that undone. TE nailed a squirrel. Blew it away actually. I told him afterwards to wait til the squirrel was farther away than 20 feet.
biggrin.gif
eek.gif

I spent alot of the time walking the hills scouting and visiting with a landowner. (The other landowner was away for the weekend) We are good to go there.

However we saw a massive buck that was on the public area that just left me open mouthed. It had a HUGE body and it's inside spread was at least 6" wider than it's ears when alert. TE managed to only get it's rear end on his cam corder.
frown.gif

So after seeing it we went to another area so I could check it out. Then on the way back there was more deer in the same field. TE and ScreaminReel wanted to get closer so I let them go while I set in the car.
It was a proud moment for me watching my 2 oldest crawl alongside the bushes in order to get closer to the deer. The boys stayed there until the deer went back into the woods. When they got back TE tells me that he ran out of tape and SR tells me that the camera wouldnt do anything. (battery was dead)

Then this morning while we was at camp we watched a deer come out 100 yards away up the hill. We watched the doe for around 10 minutes .

Makes me wish it was October 4th
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nut:
[QB]Congrats on the turkey Ward
cool.gif
If you got any pics it would be great to see them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately I spaced taking my camera. I could post a picture of some turkey stir-fry if you like.
biggrin.gif

I did learn one thing though: When hunting turkey with a rifle, in this case a .222, use solids. I whacked up a lot of nice breast meat with a 40 grain Barnes XLC.

Back