Caribou Gear Tarp

Has Cabelas gone down hill?

Look up a video on Youtube regarding what Jerry Singer, a hedge fund manager, did to Cabelas. Sorry, I dont have time to find the link!

I didn't realize Cabelas bought Sportsman Warehouse in 2020. It used to be a favorite of mine for reasonable knowledge and to browse / buy at the Missoula, MT store. They went to garbage when the Canadian Company aquired them in '09.
I didn't know that either!!

I didn't know that either!!
If one looks up who owns Sportsman's Warehouse, least via Google, the notation is they are owned by Cabela's Parent Company. A couple posts after I shared, @Wildabeest and @SAJ-99 corrected the Google default generated info. Why Google still presents this? Meh... Shows, must dig further than Google's default answer. My bad.

1698463495287.png

If one looks up who owns Sportsman's Warehouse, least via Google, the notation is they are owned by Cabela's Parent Company. A couple posts after I shared, @Wildabeest and @SAJ-99 corrected the Google default generated info. Why Google still presents this? Meh... Shows, must dig further than Google's default answer. My bad.

View attachment 299230
I love my local store. Folks there are awesome. Had the good fortune within the last year that they had one of only 6 M&P 10mm in the country in stock there. It isn’t anymore 😜.

View attachment 299230
Agree it is super hard and confusing to find information on that transaction. The only thing that made me think that it failed is that I have two Sportman’s and a Cabelas within short driving distance. Those Sportsman’s would have closed had the buyout gone through, which is probably why it didn’t.

I love my local store. Folks there are awesome. Had the good fortune within the last year that they had one of only 6 M&P 10mm in the country in stock there. It isn’t anymore 😜.
The Missoula, MT Sportsman Warehouse and numerous other locations were sold to a Canadian company (2009?) who converted it to "Wholesale Sports". Retained employees who wanted to stay though those employees shared vast disappointment regarding different management vision and stock product inferior to Sportsman Warehouse products. It reverted back to Sportsman Warehouse though not sure when. It appears SPWH re-aquired, at least the Missoula, MT location.
As SAJ mentioned, it's a bit tough to follow the SPWH trail.
It was my go-to store pre '09(?) GREAT staff! Good products, etc. Since then, my primary area moved a bit north to the Flathead and my $ siphoned towards Sportsman Ski Haus. Another great store, the likes of Sportsman Warehouse.

Cabelas has been bad for 10 years or more. I think their brand products have been low quality for a very long time.

Back