Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Harding county antelope

blackbeard

I want to do a antelope hunt in western Harding county this. Does anyone know of a spot to set up a tent and camp out there?

I want to do a antelope hunt in western Harding county this. Does anyone know of a spot to set up a tent and camp out there?
I believe BLM allows it and you’d have to ask for trust land. It’s a fun hunt. Treat it like you’re too drunk to drive and throw away the keys. Walk! Way too many road hunters.

I've got some lots in Buffalo if you need a place to set up.We had a very mild winter and have caught a couple of showers lately and the numbers look pretty good right now.

I've got some lots in Buffalo if you need a place to set up.We had a very mild winter and have caught a couple of showers lately and the numbers look pretty good right now.
Thanks, I'll have to message you again. I got 5 years preference so hopefully I'll draw.

You can camp on School Land in SD. I have done it before. If you call the Dept. of School & Public Lands you can ask them to send you an email to print off that states camping on school land is allowed and legal without permission from the lessee. They do advise contacting the lessee to let them know that you'll be on the land camping there. I usually skip that and have the printed email handy if I get any guff. Never have though.

You can camp on School Land in SD. I have done it before. If you call the Dept. of School & Public Lands you can ask them to send you an email to print off that states camping on school land is allowed and legal without permission from the lessee. They do advise contacting the lessee to let them know that you'll be on the land camping there. I usually skip that and have the printed email handy if I get any guff. Never have though.
Thanks

A long time ago!!!! The last town before you hit the North Dakota border... Ludlow. All of 3 houses and a Cafe. I rented a room in a old house for like $10.00 day. Really roughing it. What a memory!!!!

A long time ago!!!! The last town before you hit the North Dakota border... Ludlow. All of 3 houses and a Cafe. I rented a room in a old house for like $10.00 day. Really roughing it. What a memory!!!!
That's awesome, I got a tent picked out. I'm just waiting to buy it if I draw the tag.

Good to know about school land. I had always thought camping was not allowed.

Really good spots in buffalo sd. Then there are good walk in areas right around the town that hold decent antelope, believe it or not. Right north of buffalo is an easy one.

I was out there last fall and the night before the gun opener, people were setting up tents in the ditches close to where they were planning on going. Bring your kite because there is plenty of wind. I was sleeping in the back of my truck so I would just find a close by field approach and camp for the night. Less snakes in the truck. The challenge for me was figuring where all those people were going to be opening morning and finding a different place to be. My guess was good and I scored opening morning. Good experience so I will start saving preference points again. Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back