Yeti GOBOX Collection

Happy Hunttalk Father's day

What all you guys doing for the holiday? Me and the boys are having a fire amd camping in the backyard. Tomorrow is putting some miles on the sxs and a brisket on the smoker
Hope all you dad's out there have a great day!
View attachment 280367View attachment 280368

Happy Fathers Day! Looks like a good time Nick.

I spent a relatively cool morning moving sheep on to new pasture and bushhogging. Was darn pleasant and just what I wanted to be doing.

Had a beef roast for lunch with my mom, grandma, and son. Dessert was cherry cobbler.

All in all a darn fine Father’s Day.

Wish I could get to the pond more often.
Had to make a pit stop ourselves this evening. Youngest caught the biggest of the night!

Wife’s getting back from a weekend in Las Vegas so had to get to the airport but worth the stop. Happy Dads Day All!

Attachments

• 2080B748-982C-4B7A-832C-F2E70F7E339F.jpeg
    2080B748-982C-4B7A-832C-F2E70F7E339F.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
This weekend marked the end of finals week for my daughter's first year of college. Since I also had the weekend off, we planned a family camping trip up in the Coast Range. This eventually expanded into inviting our small church youth group and a few other folks as well. Only then did we connect that it was also Father's Day. Oh well, what would I rather do?

We are home tonight after a really enjoyable weekend. My dad came for the day yesterday, so I got to see him. Mostly it was a pleasure to organize a trip for a group of kids who are respectful, cooperative, and responsible. Did some fishing, rode four-wheelers, ate good food (thanks to my wife), and sat around a campfire. It's easy to be cynical about the younger generation, but I feel confident about working alongside these kids in the future.

QQ

I got a day with no chores, other than finding and fixing the leak in the dishwasher. My wife said it could wait, but what more dad thing to do on Father's Day than to fix a leak. Mom took the boys on an excursion after breakfast, so I got to go stand at the reloading bench for a couple hours of uninterrupted happy time. The rest of the day was spent playing on the floor - lots of legos, lots of rough housing. Damn good day.

Finally got to celebrate Father’s Day. Got the usual awesome gifts, but nothing better than sitting outside and watching my daughter giggle over this deer that decided to take a snooze at our house. First great weather night of the summer.

IMG_3834.jpeg

Fathers Day report on College National Finals Rodeo wrap-up for grandson cowboy.
So grandson Bode sees his short go in the finals as a chance for a national title in calf roping, so he throws the quickest loop of his season ... however it was a bad loop and missed! Woulda, coulda, shoulda!

Then he did fire up for the steer wrestling with a bulldoggin time of 5.5, which placed him at #6 nationally, behind MSU teammate Trevor who finished #4. Bode finished 3rd in All Around Cowboy nationally.

Then next morning at 4 am, Bode and bulldoggin buddy Jaden are driving out to pickup their horses and head for the Belt Rodeo. Only two wheels from Bode's dually Dodge sheared lug bolts and took off down the interstate, with the truck coming to a rest on the axle. Truck is still in Casper waiting for parts. Meantime, MSU Coach Kyle had to borrow the MSU Ski Team vehicle to travel to CNFR because his truck broke down ... Coach Kyle was also entered at Belt. So he gathered up Bode and Jaden, and the trio headed for Belt in the MSU Ski vehicle. 'Must have been a somewhat humorous sight as these cowboys rolled into the Belt Rodeo grounds in a ski bus! They got on the phone and reached out to find horses to borrow and were able to compete. Jaden placed 3rd in steer wrestling, Bode placed 5th in calf roping, and the unfortuate Coach broke out of the barrier, so did not place.

Bode, with his diverse network of fun and friends, has a buddy whose family owns a place in Switzerland, so Bode's dad Ty informed us that he put Bode on the plane Monday morning for a trip to Switzerland.
That Bodester leads one helluva life of fun and excitement. Meanwhile his dad has to deal with the horses and broken truck. Oh well, that's the way of Father's Day!
Smile

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back