Hanging with old people.

NEW PA MT MN

Started on Sunday. I was born in Korea. My mom had a horrible child hood. Orphaned and somehow she survived the war. She got hooked up with my old man in the second battle of Seoul.He came back to Korea and brought us to America.
My sister wrote a book about them. My mother and sister do these book signing presentations and sell books and use the procedes to drill water wells in poor countries around the world. She's drilled 20 of them. She's 86 and it was her last one with 250 people in attendence. I think they came for the food. Nah,they sold out of books and everyone wants to hear more.
Today I was with my friend Eddie. He's 95. I'm building a tiny house to haul to California for my daughter and he wanted to help. He can hardly walk now days. Decided it was too cold for him and we went to lunch. I knew he was in WW2 and asked him over lunch how it was.
He tried to join the air force with a bunch of friends from Slippery Rock. He was the only one disqualified for a broken thumb. He can't move it.
All his friends died. Then the Mechant Marines and I forgot why they didn't want him. So he thought he was lucky he ended up in the Navy. Took a landing craft from the west coast to Okinawa. That's where he lost most his hearing. Battle ships firing big guns right behind them. He said if you stood in a doorway on the landing craft the percussion would blow your clothes like you were in a 60 mile wind.
He was most scared of the Kamakizes.
I asked him if they brought the landing craft back and he said they gave it to the Chinese. He flew home from China.
He told me a bunch more stories. Any way here is a pic of Eddie today and my mom Ok Soon on Sunday
The other pictures are from the Korean war. Taken by one of my Dad's buddy's who watched over my mom and me till my dad could come back and get us.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20200220_124054.jpg
    IMG_20200220_124054.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3959~2.JPG
    IMG_3959~2.JPG
    824.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4015.JPG
    IMG_4015.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3967.JPG
    IMG_3967.JPG
    819.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3957.JPG
    IMG_3957.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4014.JPG
    IMG_4014.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
Clean, fresh water is a luxury you don't realize ....until you don't have it. What a wonderful mission your mother an sister have taken on :)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back