MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Handloading software?

Tom

Maybe you have discussed this, I don't know. Is there a good review of this software? Which one do I want to get for my rifles mostly? Any ideas?

The only one I have is the free program called PointBlank, a quick search should find it. It doesn't have load data, but is a good way to keep track of your data and has some interesting functions (ie BPR calculation, recoil and projectile energy etc) to play with. If I had the money I'd look at QuickLoad. It allows one to play with a variety of parameters and dinker with things to get the desired velocity, chamber pressure, etc and has good powder/bullet databases. I think it's about $130.

Thanks, its really neat.

I downloaded it in about 5 min. for free.

The 160 grain Barnes XFB .338 BC=0.337
with 63 grains of IMR4064 is 2.5 at 100,3 at 150, 0 at 250, and -3.5 at 300 with 8 in point blank range of 331 yards when dead on at 283 with excellent Taylor Knockout to 200 yards on a deer, while
the 200 grain Barnes XFB .338 BC=.440 with 63 grains of IMR4064 is 4 at 100, 4.9 at 150, 2.2 at 250, and -1.5 at 300 with 8 in point blank range of 312 yards when dead on at 265 with excellent Taylor Knockout to 400 yards on a deer.

Neat stuff.

Tom, I have a few others that I would need to dig up if you want them. I have not used them yet, but will get the sites for you so you can read them if you want.

Thanks. We should review them, compare and contrast them.

I put in an example load way over max. and pointblank didn't warn me that the gun would blow up. ???!!!!

Its neat information that is hard to get by hand, they seem valuable.

Theres a progam out there called "Quick Load" I think... it will give you approximate case pressures, ballistics, the hole nine yards... A lot of guys on the shooting boards use it.

Yes, QuickLoad is the way to go if you have the extra cash to spend. It is also the best as far as making loads and seeing what you get before you get to the range as far as pressure and velocity.

qlshot.jpg

Jude
wink.gif

Try looking up Reloadersnest.com

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-19-2004 11:08: Message edited by: MEATHEAD ]</font>

Back