Handload info...

Guy

Have had requests for some of my load data. I'm just going to keep on referring those detailed questions to the loading manuals where there's all sorts of great info. That's where I get my load data - other folks can as well.

I'll often mention the bullet I used, maybe the powder, and if it's pertinent I'll provide the muzzle velocity & accuracy as well. I like to talk about performance of the bullet on game.

But... When it comes to which case, which primer, which powder and how much... Ya, folks can refer to the same sources I use and work up their own loads. Honestly, I worry about just typing in "Use x grains of x powder for x velocity" - then - what if they do that, or try to do that and it doesn't work out well? Nah, I'd rather Hodgdon, Hornady, Nosler, Sierra, Speer provided the detailed info, rather than me.
H10CnTlh.jpg

Guy

Huh.. idk but as for your photo Just fill those babies with rl 22 till it’s overflowing, level it off with a butter knife and stuff those 165’s in there. Don’t mind the crunch noise, should put ya right at 3 grand if your lucky.

Have had requests for some of my load data. I'm just going to keep on referring those detailed questions to the loading manuals where there's all sorts of great info. That's where I get my load data - other folks can as well.

I'll often mention the bullet I used, maybe the powder, and if it's pertinent I'll provide the muzzle velocity & accuracy as well. I like to talk about performance of the bullet on game.

But... When it comes to which case, which primer, which powder and how much... Ya, folks can refer to the same sources I use and work up their own loads. Honestly, I worry about just typing in "Use x grains of x powder for x velocity" - then - what if they do that, or try to do that and it doesn't work out well? Nah, I'd rather Hodgdon, Hornady, Nosler, Sierra, Speer provided the detailed info, rather than me.
H10CnTlh.jpg

Guy
I get exactly what your saying. I don’t really give out detailed information either as it seems if something were to go wrong it could just open a can of worms and problems for the guy giving the info out. Same exact reason I only load for myself.

H10CnTlh.jpg

Guy

Good post! I have to wonder abut guy's that are just starting and want someone to give them a load that may or may not work in their rifle! Some of the loads I've seen guy's post also make me wonder!

Huh.. idk but as for your photo Just fill those babies with rl 22 till it’s overflowing, level it off with a butter knife and stuff those 165’s in there. Don’t mind the crunch noise, should put ya right at 3 grand if your lucky.
Ya, my standard 165 gr 30-06 load is at 2940 fps and has been very successful: elk, mule deer, black bear & antelope. :) I'm happy with it. I do use H4350 for that and have enough to last me a long time.

Regards, Guy

I've mentioned before about the possible legal ramifications about posting charge weights on the open forum.
Other forums have a legal disclaimer you need to post if doing so.

The old saying of this works in MY gun. It is NOT your gun, applies.

Novice handloaders should stick to manuals. If they were an advanced handloader they wouldn’t be asking for specific load data in the first place.

There should also be a distinction between “cartridge assemblers” and handloaders. If all you’ve ever done is load by the book OAL, strictly adhere to book charge weights, and don’t know how to read pressure signs then you are not a handloader.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back