Hammer Absolute

noharleyyet

Thinking about developing a 140 for a 24" 1:95 twist & Rem Mag...before I call Steve thought I'd sound the board. It's a Ruger 1 . . .

Working up 131HH loads for 1:9.5 7mmRM 26" right now. If only I could get some RL23... Some have gotten to 3400fps with this combo. I'm still "e-scouting" recipes for what powder I do have on hand. Looks like plan b is H414/W760

Also doing 121HH for my 264WM. Ready for ladder tests with RL26

Squirrel - It turned into a stock swap and rebed project.

To Be Continued

Yes, the 131 HH works well. 3415 fps w/ RL23. I’m down to just under 1/2 lb of that powder so I’ve been considering working up another load with something more readily available. Or available at all…

Yes, the 131 HH works well. 3415 fps w/ RL23. I’m down to just under 1/2 lb of that powder so I’ve been considering working up another load with something more readily available. Or available at all…
Found some scalpers out there on other forums pushing 8# of RL23 for almost $400. I'm at the point where I might pay it next time I see it.

Thought I found RL23 at a seller called GunRangeStore.com - Don't got there. They have numerous scam alert flags.
At this point, if any store says they have it, they are lying.

I'd go down to the 130 grainer if you wanna use an Absolute. Your twist rate is a little more adequate for that'n. Not saying you'd be completely unstable, just less than optimal.

In my 280AI I used the 131HH and got it around 3250. I'm sure you could push it even faster.

Tipped ones are out. mtmuley
Oh cool. Just seeing those now that you mentioned them.

What do you know about them? Looks like the tipped projectiles have much wider PDR bands. Do they engage the rifling more like a hunter or an absolute? I’m assuming hunter since the description doesn’t have the caveats of the absolute.

Oh cool. Just seeing those now that you mentioned them.

What do you know about them? Looks like the tipped projectiles have much wider PDR bands. Do they engage the rifling more like a hunter or an absolute? I’m assuming hunter since the description doesn’t have the caveats of the absolute.
They’re called the HHT… most likely Hammer Hunter Tipped

Whenever someone has a chance to test them. I think there is a lot of curious people before they spend a lot for a bullet. It's a humble request. I know people are busy.

Whenever someone has a chance to test them. I think there is a lot of curious people before they spend a lot for a bullet. It's a humble request. I know people are busy.
Go to the Hammer site. The bullets have been undergoing testing for over a year. If you found HT, I bet you can find the Hammer site. mtmuley

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BullelkSD
Back