Halloween and a Warden....

Addicting

Having dinner with the folks last night we hear a what sounded like a shot on the neighbors. It’s a hunting leased property that the Lease wasn’t on. They normally park where we see their truck. My wife happened to be setting next to the window and saw smoke protruding from a small grove of trees in the middle of the field. I walk over and see the wind taking it and it dissipated. Just as if someone had shot a muzzleloader from a tree stand perched in the grove.

No Gun season is season is open except small game. That small grove of trees usually holds a big deer each year. Thinking someone may of just poached something we called the Wardens. He asked me to drive around the block and get any license plates of a parked car. I did and only ran into a bow hunting pair I knew. They heard the shot too and were wondering WTH.

Warden gets on scene about a hour later and walks the field which has been chisel plowed. It was really soft and shows tracks easily. If someone were there he would of seen evidence of their activities.

Her walked the whole field and all around the grove of trees. He didn’t turn up any evidence of anyone being there.

He calls us and let’s us know he didn’t see anything and my wife is adamant on where the smoke came from. He looks again and still nothing. We chalk it up to it being Halloween and being weird. He asks us to keep a eye out in the daylight and we part ways.

Wife is frustrated and seeing the smoke dissipate I am baffled. We drift off to sleep wondering if we just witnessed a meteor impact one of those trees. Strange evening.....

Back