Halibut Pictures...

BW

Gents,

Thought I'd post some fishing pictures here in Moosies world.
We went salmon fishing, and set a halibut skate on the way out. Didn't do so well with the Kings, but nobody in the area was doing much better. DaveAK promises to teach me most of the tricks of the trade concerning using downriggers, hoochies, and cut plug herring. He's even going so far as sending down his own Cannon downriggers to make sure I've got the equipment to get the job done.

(thanks Dave!)

Even the halibut skate was coming up emtpy, until the last couple hooks rose up from the 400ft depth I had set them...

f833b3df.jpg

f833afb8.jpg

f833b3d1.jpg

f833afc3.jpg

f833afbf.jpg

f833b3f1.jpg

Man, what incredible weather we've been having lately!

Awesome BW. I have been to AK twice for halibut, but only a couple of small ones. Thanks for sharing the pics and better luck with the kings next time.

Nut,

The hydraulic pot puller takes a few minutes to get it all up. It might be faster, but of course I've got to stop it to remove the hooks (or pots when shrimping/crabbing.)

Great pics brian, but I dont believe they were taken in Sitka. I've been there 4 or 5 times and it has always been rain. the sun doesnt exist on that part of the state ;)

lilbiggun,

You ain't kidding! It's been an unreal summer so far. Good thing it's not normally like this, or more people would move here.

I'm sure Art will hook you up. Just tell him he's fishing too shallow though.

Geeesh.. A guy misses a Topic for a month and the Pictures are no longer available :(

I'm hoping that Art can hook me up with a 'but or too next Sept!
What's a 'but ?~?~? ... ;)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back