Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Gutless Method Versus Tradtional Gutting

Ditto what others have said about moose being big. I did a moose by myself with the gutless method. Pulling the meat off was not that bad, but rolling him over to get to the other side was darn near impossible. I used some trees and 550 cord to help, but it took multiple attempts to get him flipped over.

Anyone cut up a bull moose using gutless? I have a tag this fall and may be solo so assume some rope to stabilize things is part of the solution.

We carried out away from the carcass maybe a 100 yards all four quarters intact, backstraps and the head and hide. The tenderloins we took back on the horses for dinner:). The best. I'm going again in 2017 and I'll be requesting to take the ribs to try. The hide quarters aren't light!

BKhunter, I've heard people ask this before. If someone tells you that the tenders are wasted they do not know what they're doing. It's very easy to go in behind the last rib, or cut it out of the way, and get the tender loins.

Exactly, besides gutless they're higher off the ground than cutting them out after gutting the animal.

Anyone cut up a bull moose using gutless? I have a tag this fall and may be solo so assume some rope to stabilize things is part of the solution.

Yes been there done that it is a chore all alone. Dec have some rope handy and some block and tackle could help or maybe some small pulleys in your bag to help things along. Good luck big animals.

Flopping those beasts over even without two quarters and back straps is a choreimage.jpgimage.jpg

Did you read the replies after watching that ?.....some are quite hilarious !

Looks like it could be a SNL spoof commercial.

Oh yea, I thought the whole thing was a spoof, until I realized it wasn't! He acted as though he would contract some fatal disease if he touched the deer lol

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back