Gunwerks Trouble?

Their whole “culture” really rubs me the wrong way. Also I’d way rather have $1-$2k to spend on tricking out a 700 exactly the way I wanted it than one of their package deals. Or a GAP.

Yeah, there is something about that branding that just doesn’t feel right. I’ve shot their guns and I think they are very nice, but for the same price I can get a very nice 700 and pay for a drop camp moose hunt in AK. Choice is pretty obvious to me.

Very sad. Hope the folks involved land on their feet.

So were they really selling $10k guns?? Or is that an exaggeration? I thought Christensen was expensive...

Their whole “culture” really rubs me the wrong way. Also I’d way rather have $1-$2k to spend on tricking out a 700 exactly the way I wanted it than one of their package deals. Or a GAP.
I agree. My son and i watched a couple of you tube videos and they were taking shots at 1500 yards. Just doesn't seem right. I've taken a couple of deer at 500 yds and i thought that was far enough even though i regularly shoot at the range farther than that. I can't comment on their quality as i have never seen one in the store. 10k is a lot of scratch for a rifle set up. You wouldn't need to spend that much to set up a long range rig. Lots of people seem to like those long range set ups though.

I legitimately got booted off of the long range hunting forum for trashing that video, back when it came out.

You can clearly see the bull run downhill out of the frame as they pan out. I'm not anti long range, but the time of
flight on a shot like that is 1.88 seconds for my load. So even if you do everything perfectly, there's too much
that's out of your control.

I legitimately got booted off of the long range hunting forum for trashing that video, back when it came out.

You can clearly see the bull run downhill out of the frame as they pan out. I'm not anti long range, but the time of
flight on a shot like that is 1.88 seconds for my load. So even if you do everything perfectly, there's too much
that's out of your control.

Spot on with the time between start of trigger pull sequence and bullet arriving on target. I like having a long range rifle, not to take initial 500 yard shots, but to know my 250 yard shot is going to be very precise if I do my part. If need a follow-up shot then is same theory as when I bow hunted. I will shoot further at a wounded animal that ever would on my initial shot. Fortunately, have not needed a longer follow-up shot in a long time but at some point I will. I picked up a used Gunwerks and is amazingly precise. I have had two rifles built on old actions and put a bit of extra money in those including nice triggers, etc. Those two rifles shoot very good. The Gunwerks is a whole different level of accurate, though, and the NF scope is easy to use.

How do you stop paying sales taxes in 3rd quarter 2018 and then break ground on a new large manufacturing facility in March of 2019? They must have been trying to follow the old “Fake it ‘til you make it” saying. I hate to see them fail though. I would be nervous if I had a 7lrm since, unless I’m mistaken, they are the only source of brass for that round.

In this day and age or Corona forgiveness they will pop back up, at some point, under a new name with fresh backing.

How do you stop paying sales taxes in 3rd quarter 2018 and then break ground on a new large manufacturing facility in March of 2019? They must have been trying to follow the old “Fake it ‘til you make it” saying. I hate to see them fail though. I would be nervous if I had a 7lrm since, unless I’m mistaken, they are the only source of brass for that round.

And not just "stop" paying taxes... they got a nod of approval from the State/City economic development boards for a grant, THEN they stopped paying taxes, and THEN built their new shop, and THEN sold some other property they had used as collateral and deposited the money with another bank?

Something smells fishy to me... people with more business/accounting knowledge can probably read those tea leaves much better than I can.

I have watched their shows. The first ones seemed better. Then it got more repetitive.

I am not sure how many people can actually afford to buy a 10k set up, to a point of being able to make them in the numbers they did and stay in business long term.

They were one of the only places you could get good 28 nosler brass....sky high pricing but at least they had it...

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back