Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Gunbearer

Osvidar

Got a Kifaru Gunbearer (universal long) used it once. Needs tweaking in adjustment, Etc. Sako liked to run scope down in it. Suggestions (don't be rude!)?

I'm not exactly sure what you're problem is, but with mine I had to play around with where the parts attached to my pack quite a bit to find "the perfect" carry position. Even then I had to turn the rifle around with the scope facing front because I'm a lefty and I hate getting jabbed by the bolt.

For me, it rides better, scope under the arm, with the rifle high enough that the top strap does around the forearm of the rifle, not just the barrel. Also, tweaking the forward/backward position of the bottom can make a big difference as well. Here's a kinda crappy pic of how mine's set.

Thanks, I'm gonna try pushing it higher and see if arm is sufficent to keep it from rolling.

Hiking on flat ground I have no problem, but when boulder hopping and such the barrel is always in my face and bouncing off my head. So what I do now in those situations is I attach the stirrup to the lower portion of my pack and I secure the barrel to the upper portion of the pack with rubber gear ties. If you don't know what they are google "gear ties" you can buy them at Home Depot.

Your Gunbearer should not cause your rifle barrel to make contact with you if properly deployed. The barrel should follow every move of your torso unless your pack shifts.

Attachments

• B0000453 small.jpg
    B0000453 small.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 124
  • B0000286 small.jpg
    B0000286 small.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 124
  • B0000606 small.jpg
    B0000606 small.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 127
  • B0000670 small.jpg
    B0000670 small.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 124
Sage,
Great pics, thanks. I imagine that if the barrel is moving around the strap with the butt pocket is too loose or the pack waistband is too loose. Does that make sense Glass Eye?

Sage,
Great pics, thanks. I imagine that if the barrel is moving around the strap with the butt pocket is too loose or the pack waistband is too loose. Does that make sense Glass Eye?

Mine rides just like in the pics that were posted here. However, only when boulder hopping it tends to be annoying.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back