PEAX Equipment

gun safe in the garage

Well she's up off the concrete floor about an inch and I've got a golden rod in there. There will be heat, cold, and humidity. I pulled the rifles out of there and swapped in some muzzleloaders as a test product.

Will definitely look into Renaissance Wax and the like for long term preservation.

I also like the "Move to Montana" option

What am I missing here? Doesn't this rod require a hole through the wall of the safe to plug it in, and because of the hole the integrity of the safe becomes questionable?

What am I missing here? Doesn't this rod require a hole through the wall of the safe to plug it in, and because of the hole the integrity of the safe becomes questionable?
Most modern safes come with an "accessory power" hole. And most safes are not air tight. Better to have them "breath" and equilibrate. The "rod" relies on ability to vent air to maintain humidity.

Sell it and buy one of those that can be assembled once it's in place. Or buy a second smaller one that will fit in the house for you best firearms.

Most modern safes come with an "accessory power" hole. And most safes are not air tight. Better to have them "breath" and equilibrate. The "rod" relies on ability to vent air to maintain humidity.
I guess mine could be retrofitted easily enough if a problem developed.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back