PEAX Equipment

Gun care

steamfitter

I was wondering what is the best way to get a stainless gun clean from being in a fire. In 2008 i had just got done buildng a new home six months after i was done chimmney caught on fire cause contactor screwed up. i got all my guns out except one a ruger .357 and it didnt buned but the fire left it discolored liked smoke damage is there something i can buy to dip it in to bring it back to shiny again. The gun stilll shoots good and has nothin wrong with it just dicolored.

I am not sure if this will apply to a firearm or not. With stainless cookware there is a Powder called "Bar Keepers Friend" I use frequently(on cookware). It works great.

How that may apply to cleaning a firearm I am not sure. I would try it on a hidden spot and see how it works. There may be other better ways to do it that may be more "gun friendly"

I am curious what other will have to say and please give us a review of what does and doesnt work.

Best of Luck and sorry to that happend to your house!

Be certain it's not discolored from heat. Kind of an irredescent blue/purple/green. If it is heat discoloration, have it hardness checked before you fire it. If it's just dark grey, try Dipit. Works well with most metals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back