Caribou Gear

Guide DCS vs. Jetstream

ida homer

Anyone have experience with both? In the market for a good soft shell. I tried on the jetstreams at cabelas today, they do seem short in torso length, which many reviews have mentioned. Any idea on how the durability and wind proof compares for one vs. the other (Guide DCS)?

I ruled out the First Lite Catalyst, as its reviews are pretty poor overall.

Willing to buy once cry once, and want something that will last. Thanks!

Can’t speak to the other, but I’ve had my JetStream for about 7 years now and it’s holding up great.

I’ve only had the Jetstream, but I’ve had it for 5 years now and I love it. Very durable. They make them in a tall now for some extra length, which I would like.

Anyone have experience with both? In the market for a good soft shell. I tried on the jetstreams at cabelas today, they do seem short in torso length, which many reviews have mentioned. Any idea on how the durability and wind proof compares for one vs. the other (Guide DCS)?

I ruled out the First Lite Catalyst, as its reviews are pretty poor overall.

Willing to buy once cry once, and want something that will last. Thanks!
Jetstream is discounted at all Sportsman's Warehouse stores until year end.

Narrowed it down to the Jetstream or the Axis Hooded. Leaning towards the Jetstream, due to the
overwhelming positive reviews.

A legit softshell/windbreaker has been missing from my arsenal for a while. It's just rarely windy here.
My last 4 trips to Wyoming I haven't brought one, like a dumbass. Not making that mistake in 21'.

I have the guide jacket and pants. I really like the pants and they are my go to pants for the mid to late season. I like the jacket too. My only complaint on the guide jacket is the athletic cut. Apparently I'm not athletic any more.

I used the guide jacket and pants this past season in CO 3rd Season, MT, and WY. I used the pants without a base layer. Just vented the jacket and pants when i would get hot and zipped up when i was glassing. They were great in the windy cold weather in MT. The jacket and pants are very durable.

I have an old jet stream, maybe first year it was made. No hood, no pit zips. I love it, still looks great and has a ton of days afield. Only complaint is on my end, wish I had bought a second one in a solid color at the time

I do have the guide pants, I like them a lot. I wish every company would dial in legitimate knee pads like Sitka has though, game changers IMO. My only critique for my guide pants.

Either way you go, you'll be happy. Its so nice to not have the wind zapping your heat away all day. I like the jetstream vest for milder conditions.

I cant comment on the guide, I can however say that my Jetstream is my most used jacket. I have used it bowhunting from Alaska to Mexico and it have never failed me in the least.

I absolutely love my Guide DCS I've had it for about 5 years now and have used it in some nasty conditions and it has never failed me. Very tough stuff.

I just bought the Axis and will revert with observations once it comes in.
I received the Kuiu Axis jacket today and will be sending it back this week. Two reasons. 1st and main reason - it is a more athletic fit than i am athletically built. I'm 6 - 1 and 202lbs and it is too tight to put my puffy and base layer under. 2nd reason is that i just can't get over how thin the thing is. It is very light and looks to be really well made. quality of seams and stitching seem great. Hope this helps. I'm going to look into the Jestream next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back