Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Guess Hank's gauge.

Pouring the last few days around my place. I heard.
Lucky the temps have been kept down by some cloud cover in Alb. and I go to the clinic early to snake the tree shade space for Rio.
Took him up in the east mtns this morning to run a bit off a dirt road to a trailhead.
Nice in the shade for an hour, until some clown is driving by with his half pitbull running along side the truck...I grab Rio's collar as the dog pisses on a bush not 10 feet from us. I yell to get his mutt in the fudging truck...the guy stops right there and gets out and the dog jumps in the back. The clown in his Small size t-shirt fresh from the gym with his maybe medium size body tells me to chill...starts the tough guy jabber from the side step getting back in the cab. "What's the problem ya pussy,we're in the middle of nowhere....?"
OMMMMMMMMM.......I get Rio in the cab and climb in and close the door. We're in the effing city still.
Does he know how close it comes, for some?
How many dogs I've seen hit in this practice in parks and in the NF? City streets? Lots. And fights after the dog is run over...

Ommm. Back in the motel bunker with blowers going and the news on mute.

I called on a HTer for backup tomorrow, last night. Benfromalbuquerque.
Since my biopsy got moved to tomorrow and I'm in town already my neighbor will not be picking me up post biopsy...I need a pick up person. Biopsy is 9am and lasts and hour. They will not let me walk out of the hospital. I will need a ride to my truck in the parking lot...LOL

I have a last radiology treatment tomorrow and got that moved up to 11:20am. The gals have been great and gave me a number in case I get slowed down on my escape post biopsy...I had a plan to just get lost in the hospital and make a run for it.

Hope I owe a pie to Ben and the PCC Radilogy staff.

One more night in the motel this week. Then back to the middle of no where. The real no where NM.
With no wanna be's yacking.... I swear I could smell Axe fuming from him. The fool. The little fool.

Sounds like you're anxious to get home. Can't blame you. Hope it all works out well for you AND Rio.

Home!
Home sweet muddy home!
Rio is happy too.

Benfromalbuquerque came through, full HTer backup. Picked me up at the front door as the nurse watched me get up go shake his hand and get in ,and drove me to where I had parked. All bases covered.
Had a road bag for Rio & I. Water, excellent sweet potato baked chips and Milk Bones.
Someone has a hunt chance here in their future.

Excellent staff has been a mind blower. All.
The radiology gals have earned a pie...(hotties)!
That nurse who wheeled me out and kept me under observation through biopsy today, he was way cool.
Meet with the doc next Tues. and see what we see.
5 more days of radiology to go.

Glad to be home.

10 inches here of rain this monsoon season. Just added the 1.86 that was in the gauge from this week. Normal season is around 6 inches. June-Sept.
We sure needed it. The drought monitor is at dry now for my area, the lowest stage.

I guess Billy shot over the back of the last bull he went after Sat. morning.
The blood draw on a bull Fri. was another high hit that just knicked the bull. He found the full arrow and the blood ran out after a few feet.
His try Monday morning was a branch hit and the bull went next door. He followed tracks up the mesa and never saw any more blood. It was a very wide bull he said in a text.
Hope his wife fares better next month.

Rio is on the couch next to me and watching out the window for bunnies. We both sleep much better here.
Silence is golden.

As much as a appreciate the motel room, I am thinking of just driving home each afternoon for the last 5 days. I don't have to be there til 1pm the next day. I was home by 5pm Fri. Pain is not an issue.

The pain is down to just sore in my leg and hip. It goes up if I screw up or step wrong.
The pain from the biopsy spot is a problem. It is right were my boxers and belt ride.
Been walking around like the tweekers with my pants undone, hanging and my shorts pulled up.
I have monitors stuck on my shoulders and hip, marks up and down my hip area and a big bandaid over the biopsy point.
Sponge baths til I get this bandaid off the biopsy area I guess.
I'll have a EMT/nurse look at it when I go pick up Sunday dinner to go and pies from the Pie-0-Neer this afternoon. If she is working.
Make sure it is healing right. It is painful.

I meet with the radiology Doc Tues after treatment. Hope to get a visual image to see what I am up against.
Hope I start the HRT next week and not many trips into town soon.

Hope I get more wood piled up for winter next month.
Hope I fill my cow tag in Dec.

Hope has been in my future my whole life.
Hope I meet her someday...

Hope the pain gets better for you quickly. Enjoy being at home and I'm sure the dinner and pie(s) will help.

So I have convinced myself not to stay at a motel now. I just got so much rest at home.
I feel 10 times as good as last Monday. 100 times less pain.
1pm treatment time works for the drive.

I'm pre-signing in for this weeks treatments online this morning and pretty sure this is a dunk...then I see they added a shot @ 9:45 on Tuesday. New med.
It was not on my chart until this morning and I'm sitting here online and still not packing.

I wonder if I can get the time moved closer to my 1pm treatment time, after I bring in a NM apple pie from Pie Town. Maybe I should hold out bringing in the pie 1st?

Not familiar with proper bribe etiquette...giving one. Or the leverage and how to use it.

I know how not to take a bribe.

Need advice from the wise ones here.

Clear and cool in Pie Town, some clouds. Possible showers this afternoon.
Between hunts in NM and soooo peaceful at the ranch.

I wouldn’t give up the prize until you get the time changed.
ask nicely and let them know that you can make it worthwhile, but no pie until the change is made.🤣🤣.

Got some rain here while I was in Albacrackie today.
Nice and muddy getting home.

Met Benfromalbuquerque in the clinic lot with a cherry pie for the family. Got to get a peek of the baby girl. A doll.

The clinic gals were ready and assured me they would get a resolution, after xrays & treatment.
They told me as I was heading back to get dressed I was meet with my Oncologist 1st, then get the 1st shot. 9:40.
They moved my time up to 11:40 with them so I can get home early tomorrow.

The NM apple pie was brought in and they just laughed, said it would be shared.
The elk hunter guy that mapped me for treatment stopped me on the way out and I asked how his hunt went? He just beamed and said it was the best trip of his life.
I told him to get some pie and he made notice of my improved mobility.
Cool.
Rio will stay home tomorrow. He is out like a light next to me after a brisket topped dinner and walk about.

I find out the skinny tomorrow.

Long day and I got a few drops around 3pm when I got home.

Prostate cancer, biopsy of side growth on hip, of tumor on hip. Layman speak.
I will be taking a pill version of the hormone treatments instead of shots.
Do not need to see the oncologist for 6weeks. Labs every 12 weeks to monitor.

3 more days of radiology and that's it!
This is working. Little to no pain.

Pie works!

So the monsoon season ends today.
I got a record 10.22 inches. Twice a normal good one.
Spots around me got 20-28 inches and more in the Gila,lots more.

Today was my last radiology treatment. 10 days.
It has kicked the tumors ass and the pain is almost gone. More a soreness . It can get not so nice if I do something wrong stepping on uneven terrain or steps and I strike the hip wrong.
The long drive in sitting in one place is a pain and that is over.

Don't see my oncologist til Nov. and 12 week bloodwork checkups through 2 years on my chart.

So a 5 month ordeal that might have a good ending, for me. Sciatica that awakens a prostate cancer tumor along it, and it shows itself.
Pain in the 8-10 range goes to 2-3 most days. This extreme limp is almost un noticable.

I could be still waiting for an MRI...............................................................................so, when you get to be my age and something is not quite right with the old body or mind, check it out.
For yourself.

Hanks gauge is in a very good place this evening sitting watching Rio chase rabbits at sunset.
I might have met Hope.

Glad your through the worst. Hopefully much better days in your future. I’ll be in northern NM in November to try and get a mule deer, maybe we can share a pie . Stay well

Good stuff Hank, glad Rio has you around a while longer.

What about the Hot Blonde? You got the energy to chase her down yet?

That would be too funny if that was her name...
Maybe I'll run into her today on my go to market and the pie shop day. 1st normal Sat. in some time.

Nice fire going, 2 bulls bugling back and forth this morning. Cool.

Rio got tired of leaning against me and went back to bed. He is concerned about me. I'm glad he's not leaning against me ,still...LOL

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back