Growing

Whiskers

Its only been a little over a year since we opened The Chumbucket Bait and Tackle shop. When we opened we had one 96 Dodge Short Bed pickup. That was on its last legs, in February we updated to a 04 Dodge Crew Cab. This week we added a 99 Cherokee, because of the increase in bait deliverys. Things aren't as good as last year, but we aren't dying like some businesses.

growing_fleet_1.jpg

Headed for Maine tomorrow morning, opening day of Fall Bear on Monday, see if I can take my first archery bear, wish me luck.

In busness if your good and provide a good service and talk to the main man you should make it through these harder times.

I got a call yesterday to refinish 4000 chairs, I usually do 1 chair for 145 but I will reduce my price somewhere between 85-100. Now the question is should I take this on because it will put a BIG strain on the shop and the regular work we do. We are busy now and I have been thinking of adding 1 guy If this jobs dose come in I will have to go to 5 or 6 guys in the shop.

WE sell bait to some of the Charter Captains, regular recreational guys, and some smaller stores in the area. We buy our bait from wholesalers, with the cost of fuel they don't want to deliver to the smaller shops, or the Charters. They deliver to us, and we take it from there.

Whiskers.. Used to fish for stipers alot in the California delta were I grew up. We used to use goabies as a live bait. you guys use them up your way also? Some nice looking stripers in your pictures.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back